• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Apocalyptic tsunami dream!

ClearDragon

Troubadour
So just last night i dreamed about the biggest tsunami ever! Oddly this dream had three points of view and also the whole dream repeated three times.

First I was in New York City, I place I've never been. There was a sudden tsunami, it was higher then the world trade center tower. Everyone started screaming as it crashed over the city. I ran into a building and out the other side, but it hit and the building fell on me as the water sugared all around! Somehow I was just suddenly in a tall skyscraper and I saw that most buildings where underwater. I got the impression that the water never drained away.

Second, I was in a car trying to escape the water. I could see in the rear view mirror that the tsunami was reaching the clouds! It crashed down and made a sort of secondary wave splash. I'm not sure what happened then as at this point the dream was a jumble of images, I saw mountains being washed over, farms, and small towns.

Third, I was in my house in Indiana and there was a flood of salt water all the way here from the east coast of America! I was watching a news broadcast and they showed that super tsunamis had hit all across the world and that some countries where totally underwater. There was a map but I only saw north and south america clearly. Canada and the US where flooded from the east up to the rocky mountains, it seems Mexico was totally flooded with only a few mountain tops left. Central america was gone and south america was mostly just the Andes mountains!

I've never had a dream like this before, and I find it really weird that it repeated three times! I almost want to call it a prophetic dream.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
There is real-world precede for something like this in 'recent prehistoric times.' A tsunami in the Pacific badly damaged the coastal regions of Australia and South America - the waves were calculated to be 1000 feet tall and hurled gigantic boulders miles inland. This event was so traumatic that western coastal South America was abandoned for centuries.

ClearDragon

Troubadour
There is real-world precede for something like this in 'recent prehistoric times.' A tsunami in the Pacific badly damaged the coastal regions of Australia and South America - the waves were calculated to be 1000 feet tall and hurled gigantic boulders miles inland. This event was so traumatic that western coastal South America was abandoned for centuries.
Oh wow!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
On the Canary Islands, there is a landslide waiting to happen any moment now [geologically speaking] that would send a tsunami to most of the US East Coast and especially New York. There is something about the sea floor just in front of there that makes the wave REALLY BIG! 300m+
So it is a when and not an if...

ClearDragon

Troubadour
On the Canary Islands, there is a landslide waiting to happen any moment now [geologically speaking] that would send a tsunami to most of the US East Coast and especially New York. There is something about the sea floor just in front of there that makes the wave REALLY BIG! 300m+
So it is a when and not an if...
Yeah, I've now read about that after my dream.