• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Blogging Question...

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
This is an interesting idea.

So let's say someone comes across my work, likes it and wants to find more of my work.

Where would they? Just on that one blog, I suppose?

The idea would be to have a permanent page on that site which every post of yours would link to at the bottom.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
We could each pledge 1000 words a month as production and pledge to beta read one other writer's 1000 words. That way, we'd keep the quality good and the personal work volume low. Shoot for 8 to 10 people, and we'd have a pretty good product.

Can I get a count? How many people would be interested in contributing to something like this? I just want to gauge interest.

Hit "Like" on this post if-and-only-if you would be willing to pledge 1,000 words a month to a reasonably well-run storytelling blog.

Last edited:
My main concern is that the non-self hosted Wordpress does not allow me to sort the front page, which basically means that if someone comes to my blog, the first thing they will see at the top of the page is my most recent post, which may or may not be indicative of my fiction writing.

Although you can't sort the front page, you do have control over the banners/headers at the top and sides right? Sounds like a marketing issue more than a not-the-one-I'd-pick-first-is-on-the-front-page issue. If you present it appropriately, then visitors to your blog are going to be able to check out what they want to read and where to go to read that without confusion.

And really, how are people finding your blog? If they find it through this site, they're going to want to click the short stories page, but you have a little bit of grace built up with anyone on here; if they find it through one of your posts (which sounds the most likely and is how I get the most non-targeted traffic), then it doesn't matter what post is first because the post they clicked will be the one they see.