• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Challenge to all, introductions

SeverinR

Vala
I try to remember to check the "Introductions" forum.

I know if I did not feel welcome when I registered I wouldn't have found all the wealth of information that is Mythic scribes website.

I try to stop in regularly and if nothing else post a welcome on the least responded to introduction if not several.

So I challenge all to stop in regularly, post a comment to welcome people.

Have fun with the welcome.
Be helpful point them in a direction if you know of something that might help them.
Remember we were all outsiders once.

I hate finding even one introduction a day old with no responses.
Worst day I found 5 with less then 2 replies, 3 with none.

So lets make a point of welcoming the new people.

GeekDavid

Auror

I know if I did not feel welcome when I registered I wouldn't have found all the wealth of information that is Mythic scribes website.

I try to stop in regularly and if nothing else post a welcome on the least responded to introduction if not several.

Be helpful point them in a direction if you know of something that might help them.

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt, threw the T-shirt away. :)

But I agree, it's a good idea. I think I had one person comment on my intro thread when I joined (and I don't remember who that was). The more people that welcome new members, the more welcome they'll feel.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I agree. I've been here since 2011 and I try to remember to welcome new members as much as I can. We have such a great influx sometimes, some people may pass under the radar. I remember Reaver used to see what new members joined and send out a blanket "Welcome to the forum!" message. I thought that was a good way to show people that we welcome them here even if we may have missed some of them because we haven't been online in a bit.

So yes, let's try to make a more concerted effort to say hello! :)

Sparkie

Auror
I used to be good for welcoming new members and trying to get to know them, but I've fallen away from doing that in recent months. Thanks for the reminder, SeverinR. I need to get back to doing my part.

Asterisk

Troubadour

I agree. Thank you for posting this reminder!

SeverinR

Vala
I used to be good for welcoming new members and trying to get to know them, but I've fallen away from doing that in recent months. Thanks for the reminder, SeverinR. I need to get back to doing my part.

I admit I did the same. I kind of forgot to keep checking. Thats when I found that time I mentioned.
So I am challenging myself also.

Side question: Your Location isn't DC is it? Seems like a good nickname for our nations capital.

SeverinR

Vala
"Thanks everyone! I must say that the quick response of members on here is impressive. I need to remember to log on more often as this feels like a really good community."

I hope we can make all newbies feel like this.
Good job on the welcomes to all that are doing it.

SeverinR

Vala
Almost 2months later,
I admit I did miss a week or two in greeting newbies,
but I haven't noticed many introductions that didn't have 6 or more replies.

It shouldn't be one person replying, and it hasn't been.