• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Closet Nerd in need of help

BIGSWOLDIER1996

Lurker here, I'm what some might consider a "closet nerd" I'm in the military and lift everyday so my friend group usually consists of people that do that but sometimes I crave for people with similar interests (WoW, lord of the rings, starwars, anime, legos and stuff) to approach me but to be honest I defintly look like I don't have those intrests and honestly kind of look like a typical duche/jock. I have two friends who I play with outta the rest of my boys who are also intrested in worldbuilding. Anyways here's what I have made so far for my nation:

Rinnguthin

After the unification of the great races of Phandalor, the Uruuk of the Northern reach came together to create a capital city for their broken nation. All of the 9 tribes of the Uruuk met in one location to form the great city of Rinnguthin. Far beyond the reach of elves and man, the city flourished.

For many years the Uruuk were a broken people, from tribal wars and infighting to the disbanding of their homeland of thr Dainmáir dune-lands due to Antroch’s reign. It wasn’t till the great one Baldür “the war hammer”, unified the 9 nations and brought peace between his people. Baldür understood that the only way to fight Antroch’s legions was to join together not only his people, but the races of Phandalor.

The races of men and elves had always always demonized the Uruuk, but had also always respected them due to their large stature and inclination for combat. It was only natural that the elves and men came to them for their help. With hesitation Baldür agreed, which formed the first of the Almeér (All men all race) alliance. And although the alliance started as one of convince it eventually grew to one of friendship.

Rinngunthin also know to the Uruuk as Hath Chatá (High charity) holds the majority of the wealth of the Orkish peoples. Known for its large flowing waterfalls and terraces and towering walls, it is truly a sight to behold.

It is said the Uruuk were brought into the world as the children of Ekkē, the head god of the Uruuk pantheon. Ekkē and his wife Ennēl bore them out of the great eastern sands and pushed life into them. Thus it is believed that the Uruuk people are far older than the other races of Phandalor and that through interbreeding, the other races of man (men and elves and dwarves) came from them. But again, this is Uruuk mythology and the races of men and elves believe otherwise.

Creation Mythos from the Uruukian Edda Vol.1:

“Loe onto the darkness where nothing slept onto space Ennēl wept, for nothing was there thus nothing left so Ekkē breathed the gods first breath.

“Children I shall give to thee”, said the goddess Ennēl to Ekkē so forth they brought the races of men: the humans, from Uruuk and the Elven.

But the souls they had no place to go neither high nor too low, so Ekkē made from rock and earth, Phandalor the land of hearth.

The land of hearthstone land of fire to spread and conquer was men’s desire, but dug to far the races of men did and brought forth Antroch “The one of sin”.

Deep from the bowels of earth they came, clawing gnashing tongues licking flame, from city to city the people slain thus began the start of Antroch’s reign”

The prophecy of Daewynn:

Along the 3rd age there will be three rulers: one of the Elves, one of the Uruuk and One of Men. Brought together by distaste but unified through battle and brotherhood, the Daewynn Dynasty shall challenge the dark one, for he shall know their pain.

My hope is that more creative people join the discord and the minecraftserver and make their own nation and its own lore to add to the overall mythos of Phandalor, issue is, most of my boys aren't into that sort of thing and just play to play minecraft. I feel that minecraft as a whole could be used to create a super immersive experience for people that are into nerdy shit like me. If you're one of those closet nerds like myself and wanna contribute please let me know in the comments!!

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I think this is very detailed and more than enough to put stories in, or make RPG's from.

But...I am joining a game site to expand a game universe. I have my own stuff to do. Maybe some others will take it.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Age of the Geek, baby! I haven't been in the closet for... well, I've never been in the closet, for various reasons. I think your worldbuilding sounds solid. Keep at it, you're on the right track.

My dad was also a semi-secret geek in the Navy. He tended to play things a little close to the chest, until he made Chief and then he did as he pleased. He wasn't much of a creative, but he was a bit. My mom was the author. He taught me to love SciFi and Fantasy, and it changed the course of my life.

Are you career military? Military can be a bit meat-and-potatoes people, and it really can be tough to find others to share your interests. You're going to find your creative tribe online, and Scribes is a great place to start. There are also thousands of discussion groups on FB. Discord can get a little chaotic, but it's also a good place to go. Good luck and thank you for your service.

BIGSWOLDIER1996

Age of the Geek, baby! I haven't been in the closet for... well, I've never been in the closet, for various reasons. I think your worldbuilding sounds solid. Keep at it, you're on the right track.

My dad was also a semi-secret geek in the Navy. He tended to play things a little close to the chest, until he made Chief and then he did as he pleased. He wasn't much of a creative, but he was a bit. My mom was the author. He taught me to love SciFi and Fantasy, and it changed the course of my life.

Are you career military? Military can be a bit meat-and-potatoes people, and it really can be tough to find others to share your interests. You're going to find your creative tribe online, and Scribes is a great place to start. There are also thousands of discussion groups on FB. Discord can get a little chaotic, but it's also a good place to go. Good luck and thank you for your service.
Yeah I'm career military, I was in the Navy 5 years and switch to the Army to do the ADO program to commission. Thank you for the support!