• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Does the Description Match the Art?

Ankari

Hero Breaker
I've commissioned an artist to render my races into pictures. I need your feedback on how well he is doing so far. Also, your feedback on my desscription would be appreciated. He has not completed these pictures yet, so expect further refinements. Please read the description then view the pictures below:

Description

The Kasari originally hail from the Realm of Light, lending to their unusual characteristics. They range in height from four to five feet for females and four-and-a-half to five-and-a-half feet for males. They are lean and muscular with broad shoulders and broader trapezius muscles than normally found in humans. Their facial features tend to be flat with a broad nose and large forehead. They have wider hands and feet when compared to humans.

Their most distinguishing features are their skin and hair. Their skin can be red and green, brown and green, black and green, blue and green, white and green, or strictly green. Their unusual skin coloration pattern reminds the viewer of granite, with the green the secondary color. Even with the all-green Kasari, the secondary green is darker than the primary green. Their hair will vary in colors of red, yellow, green, blue, black, white, or violet.

The Kasari most distinguishing feat is their inexhaustible endurance during the day. During the night they tire more quickly than what is normally expected. It is thought that the unusual skin of the Kasari grants them their extraordinary endurance.

Tattoos are another distinguishable feature of most Kasari. Each tribe has a sacred tattoo they use to track the number of battles they have fought and won. The details of how a Kasari earns his tattoos are not shared with outsiders. The larger the tattoo seems to indicate their significance and standings in the tribe.

kasarifemaleconcept.jpg

kasarimaleconcept.jpg

Queshire

Istar
looks good, but the picture doesn't strike me as lean, they look more stocky. I read them as closer to dwarves then elves.

Ankari

Hero Breaker
looks good, but the picture doesn't strike me as lean, they look more stocky. I read them as closer to dwarves then elves.

This is not the final stage. He will put in more details in the final rendition.

Oh cool, I want an artist. I wasn't sure what clothing style you intended them to have, but I quite like the style in the pictures.

He is a very good artist. For what he does I found it to be very affordable. He charges $125 a character drawing. His consistency in communication is amazing, especially since I do everything with him online. If you ever need to contact him let me know.

ArielFingolfin

Troubadour
I like the strength that's portrayed in the face, but I wonder if they should be a little leaner and less muscular looking in the body. You say that they have a lot of endurance; do you mean able to endure hardships, or do you mean endurance like a long distance runner or swimmer? Because if it's the latter I'd recommend a little less stockiness. My compliments to the artist though; the pictures are really stunning.

Ankari

Hero Breaker
I like the strength that's portrayed in the face, but I wonder if they should be a little leaner and less muscular looking in the body. You say that they have a lot of endurance; do you mean able to endure hardships, or do you mean endurance like a long distance runner or swimmer? Because if it's the latter I'd recommend a little less stockiness. My compliments to the artist though; the pictures are really stunning.

Physical endurance. It stems from their skin, which is not distinguishable yet. I wrote "The Kasari most distinguishing feat is their inexhaustible endurance during the day. During the night they tire more quickly than what is normally expected. It is thought that the unusual skin of the Kasari grants them their extraordinary endurance."

That same endurance doesn't exist at night.

I'll pass on the compliments to the artist. Every artist wants confirmation of his skill.