• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

FB ads : KU Downloads

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
So, are FB ads effective to drive KU downloads? As I mentioned in another post, I've been running primarily FB ads focused on driving KU downloads. I want readers, I want word of mouth buzz.

Obviously this is an educated guessing game because we aren't given download numbers. The first indicator I was watching was the Amazon ratings, not just in the US, but in smaller markets where the downloads are going to show up easier. With enough time, another indicator has kicked in, which is the KU page reads.

My first goal was... well, to get anyone to read Eve of Snows! Done, folks started reading.
Second goal was to see 500 page reads per day, which is basically saying that the collective pool is reading a full book per day. Done.

I was not a huge FB believer, but EoS has now ran 15 days straight of 500+ page reads, a low of 560 to a high of 1500ish. The interesting part here is the kinda-sorta consistency (wild swings, but above 500), because if readers are like me! They might take a year to read a book in their KU library, LOL. My apologies to all those books languishing in limbo. So, FB must've driven a decent pool of KU readers to keep this baseline intact as I save money on ads for a push at the end of the month.

The average over those 15 days: 862 (that includes today at 650, and today is not over)
Overall average per day since release: 671 (25 days since release)

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
So, I cursed my Pages Read stat by posting previously... shoulda known that, huh? But still the numbers have been mostly solid. Got a few Goodread ratings in that time period, so it's a solid guess those folks finished reading on KU... spike in pages read and a spike in ratings. So now I will risk the next curse. And the last few days have spiked again, this morning broke 1100 page reads already. So, since breaking 20k mark, two 1000+ days in a row.

First 10k page reads: 17 days
Second 10k page reads: 12 days
Books sold: 2.7 per day (digital and paperback combined)
30 day average: 700 pages
Facebook ad cost: $500

This is better than I anticipated for a first month release, especially considering I am a nobody, LOL. As an antisocial, that's way more books than people I know... so it must be counted a win, heh heh.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Hopefully getting some traction! LOL. I'll be really curious to see what happens with the countdown deal. Get the also boughts corrected in the US would be good... get those looking like the UK I'd be much happier, heh heh. Got 18 folks reading on Goodreads, 14 ratings there... steady as she goes.

It was kind of fun, I spotted one half of some FB discussion of Eliles' sin or lack thereof, which was interesting... If people are arguing about things in your book, it's gotta be a good sign, LOL.