• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

FB ads Note

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
If advertising on FB, it appears that FB will "punish" an ad for not running constantly. By this I mean, if you are running an ad that is serving at $10 CPM and stop that ad for a while, when you start it back up, it'll possibly start running at $20+ CPM. I think this has to do with their Relevance rating, along with other factors. But anyhow, the lesson I've learned is that when restarting... or for that matter, when starting a new ad, running for a day at $5 for the day seems to be a good idea. Once it (hopefully) establishes its track record as an ad that performs, the CPM will (hopefully) go down. It can go down faster, but if you hammer out a new ad or restarted ad at say, $20 for the day, you can blow through $10 right fast at a highly inflated CPM rate.

So, let the CPM come down before raising your ad budget.

JGCully

Scribe
Thanks Demesnedenoir. I had been hoping to use FB advertising next year when my book gets published. I'll make sure to plan accordingly.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Are they worth it... this is an “it depends”. If you only have one book out, the odds of making money on your ad is slim, to put it kindly. Advertising really isn’t priced for $5.99 products ($4.20 profit), or for that matter, $9.99. Read through is your money maker (hopefully). Not to say there aren’t at profit days on a single book, but long run, you’ll be taking a tax break until it takes off... unless of course you have some major promo ability like being some famous authors child or whatever, LOL. Or, you get a blurb from GRRM. A normal person isn’t going to make profit on FB ads with one book.

The other question is, do they move books? Yes, they can. For putting your ad in front of people, FB will do the trick. It will drive sales. Enough to make it worth depends on how you define worth it.

Are facebook ads worth it? Did you notice a increase in sales?

C. L. Larson

Dreamer
Are they worth it... this is an “it depends”. If you only have one book out, the odds of making money on your ad is slim, to put it kindly. Advertising really isn’t priced for $5.99 products ($4.20 profit), or for that matter, $9.99. Read through is your money maker (hopefully). Not to say there aren’t at profit days on a single book, but long run, you’ll be taking a tax break until it takes off... unless of course you have some major promo ability like being some famous authors child or whatever, LOL. Or, you get a blurb from GRRM. A normal person isn’t going to make profit on FB ads with one book.

Thanks for your response. At this point making money is secondary to finding readers and credible reader reviews.

I can't sell book 2 if nobody has read book 1.