• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Do you use a VPN to connect to this site?

You could do that, and if you used it regularly, for a little while it would work. But they day of that is not being secure, is coming.

With some effort, I am sure I could find some home addresses for some of you. But if AI gets access to the internet, It wont take it any effort at all.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
There's always the option of going analogue, even selectively. What isn't online can't be revealed through online means. As for the world of security changing, I am not so doom and gloom. Scams and identity theft are a product of social engineering in the modern day, not advancing tech, I don't see why that would change nor how. If a virus comes on your pc it is almost certainly because someone convinced you to let your guard down (which is not to put blame on folks, for scammers can be very clever about it). As for me, I publish under my own name (link in the signature) so I'm already outed to an extent. Price of being an author ;)

Last edited:

BearBear

Archmage
It's arbitrary, and there's plenty to like and not like. If it's arbitrary then sure, it is

BearBear

Archmage
Bah, I'm trying to cure myself of this affliction called social media. I'm almost there. It's been nearly 5 years and I've had all the fun I'm ever going to have with it I think.

This means of interaction is the blood of the unicorn, it'll keep you going but it's a half life. I just need to get over that micro-bordom saiting aspect. Honestly I've become more apprehensive of responses then eager to hear them. It's too often that a kindly admin slaps me lightly on the wrist or a mod bot bans me for three days for saying a naughty word to someone who asked for it. Whatever is a Bear doing on the internet anyway?

The days I spent hours online chatting are long gone. The days I cared about people online is quickly fading. They're mostly hopeless and I'm anonymous so friendships are doomed to be shallow and unfulfilled.

I wanted to at least get over a couple more ticks regarding trolls but I suppose I could look at them like they're just a part of me that doesn't need fixing.

I am happy that this medium helped me as much as it did, especially when I was depressed. It helped me square away and shore up a lot of things and was an outlet to my creativity that had no other means. I suppose though that since I've lost my passion for it, so to have I lost that knack I had with the whole thing.

You're right though, it's a good life and before WW3 starts I suppose I should let this go. I"ll still get information online, the interaction isn't giving me that "fun" it used to though.

I've been thinking about this for a good 8 months, the chains are gone I suppose yet I linger.

BearBear

Archmage
Oh! Look what the dragon sent me for my pfp

12-120091_orange-teddy-bear-clipart-teddy-bear-cartoon-png.png