• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

BearBear

Archmage
In the end was it ever really a choice? Or was it one giant setup from the beginning. Perhaps we played our roles so well we forgot it was all just a dream.

LieutenantWolf34

Troubadour
Our roles chosen from the beginning, and our free will an illusion. Were we so entranced by the stories we played at their behest we all forgot were merely puppets dancing upon strings?

Mr. M. L.

Troubadour
Letting go of faith? Nay, unless it be the faith in things we know to be untrue. But it is faith in that which is true that shall set us free. The heaviest chains are forged by our passions of which we have lost all control.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
What is faith but belief in something that cannot be proven no matter how much we strive? Logic and reason are the keys to the gates of liberty.
This by someone with "Kings die, realms fall, but magic endures" in their siggy?

Logic and Reason are their own prison.

LieutenantWolf34

Troubadour
This by someone with "Kings die, realms fall, but magic endures" in their siggy?

Logic and Reason are their own prison.
In actuality, I don't think faith is that bad (I have issues with blind faith personally) but what I was going for was a disagreement on how freedom from fate could be achieved.

Mr. M. L.

Troubadour
I agree, blind faith is not something I would recommend to anyone. But often one has faith that something is and that's what leads to them trying to prove with logic and reason that thing does indeed exist. If we were to simply follow logic and reason we would end up in a prison of realizing the unknown is dangerous and it is safer to stay away from it but then very little would be discovered and very slowly, for it would only be out of necessity instead of curiosity. It is faith that allows us to take risks and prove that which was previously unknown. Thus we need both faith and reason.

BearBear

Archmage
What you all don't understand is, this is the long game. The only way to win is to play. Just like life: some days you win and some days you lose but if you don't try you'll never know what could have been and you lose by default.

And just like life, this game is deeper than you realize. The last post wins surely, but consider those who play more win more than those who don't so the more you post, the more a winner you are, and furthermore, if you post unopposed, every second counts towards the most coveted win, the win of duration unopposed, and then you can begin to see just how addictive this game really is. These are hidden victories, but the prophecy will some day be reveled and the scores settled, and I challenge all comers to beat me in last postingness, number of posts and duration unopposed, the trifecta of victory.

531b78b1acb0f126e3e24ab21ff375a1.jpg