• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

BearBear

Archmage
Wait...

20fabdee265a525d56a10d81819c0194.png

BearBear

Archmage
You must be cold frozen being here as long as you have?

If I had come here first 5 years ago things may have been different. The realm I come from is filled with angst, depression and drama. There doesn't seem to be that here and it wasn't a hidden thing.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Have I been here five years? I dont think it would be fair to say I have been wholly active for five years. I am only more active recently. I'd say actually everyday active for a year or so. But...I started writing again, so my interest grew.

In a previous life I have been active in two other sites like this, and left both for various reasons. And I've done many other 'Social' type things but they also last for a while and then drift. What can you do? Just look for what brings meaning and put your energy into that. As for actual social media, I joined Facebook a long time ago cause writer friends asked me to, but I hate it. I almost never look at it.

I feel like there’s social media, and there are forums, and they are wholly different.

Social media is like Facebook, Instagram and TikTok etc. where you’re not anonymous and you give updates or give polite comments and look at cat videos or whatever.

Then there are forums, where you can get into dangerous territory, yes Reddit I’m looking at you and others like it where people can be anonymous.

I chose to disengage from Facebook years ago, I have Instagram because I like it, and I don’t do TikTok and will never go on there. I have this, but this is a hobby space.

Disengage or engage as you see fit.

Aleshe

Troubadour
I've been called back for another casting on the same big project! This never happens! Wish me luck!

BearBear

Archmage
Update: Aleshe told me she got a lead role... she thinks. Something about they're not done writing it or rewriting it and they had to change the lead, basically take it from someone else because the head writer couldn't make her "fit".

Congratulations to her! It sounds like a big deal to me.

Mr. M. L.

Troubadour
Well I'm back and I think I am now the winner.
Looks like I missed a lot, had to read about 5 pages to catch up on what I missed. Quite a few interesting posts.
Unless you count this site and discord I don't have any social media anymore. Got rid of my Facebook last Thanksgiving. Primarily because I was never on it anyway.

BearBear

Archmage
I went on Facebook in 2007 and that lasted about 2 months before I realized it was just a way for my family to spy on me and for scammers to learn more about me.

I got some obviously fake friend requests, and some girl from highschool was asking me out or kinda hinting for me to ask, a girl I already asked out before and denied me, but at this point I was already in a relationship so I didn't respond.

I thought it would be a good way to exchange pictures, but with all the spam, I noped out. I never considered it again.

I never went on social media with my real information again and only in 2018 did I try reddit, discord, and other sites like a visualization meditation site but there's so many edgelords forget it.