• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

pmmg

Myth Weaver
There are ways to fix that. Why stay awake playing a silly game?

My question, why is lack of sleep cumulative but abundance of sleep is not?

BearBear

Archmage
Why do birds suddenly appear...?

Also Nnamani
you sent me something but it says "closed for new posts" so I can't reply to it. So I'll just say you can ask questions informally here if you want. I literally don't know why the message is borked.

If you can't post a thread I think you need 5 replies first.

What I do around here is mostly comic relief and inappropriate banter.

Last edited:

BearBear

Archmage
To be fair we're in the same hood and there are a lot of birds around here in general so though it might be her, we'd have to do a more rigorous study re: the birds and the Aleshe. Also I put up a bird feeder recently and those birds buzzsaw through the thing in less than a day. It may be a coincidence.

BearBear

Archmage
It's like in Shrek when that princess attracts all the birds by singing but in Aleshe's case she freeks out and swats at them.

BearBear

Archmage
A-well a-well a-well...

Have you heard?

Actually, I remember hearing three "a-wells" but apparently there's only one per line in the lyrics.

Aleshe

Troubadour
No, I don't like random birds swooping at me. I don't care if they think I'm a beautiful princess or if they're out for blood.

Aleshe

Troubadour
Actually they are, crows, ravens and magpie's among others can even recognize themselves in the mirror, which is something many other animals can't do. I like birds fine but they're beak and feet are sharp.

Birds are very intelligent, I think ravens have the same intelligence as a human five year old, or something like that. Perhaps pheasants would be excluded from the list of intelligent birds though, they cute but have a tendency to run out in front of cars.

BearBear

Archmage
I do feel an abundance of sleep is cumulative. If I get regular sleep and as much as I need, then it's way easier to go a couple days on little sleep. I've tested this thoroughly. In fact I intentionally get less than full sleep to save time going to sleep and to facilitate naps. Naps are the best thing in the world for sleep, for me they don't count against me and are abundantly satisfying.

My relationship with sleep has changed since having a kid, I was going to read the Russian Sleep Experiment just to find something relatable