• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi everyone!

Hello I just came across this forum today decided to join. The only fantasy books I have read are the Lord of the Rings and some Warhammer Fantasy/Warhammer 40K novels. I am very into the Warhammer worlds and so I draw a lot of inspiration from them so you might see some resemblances.

Hopefully using this forum I can make my works better and get some new inspiring ideas.

Sparkie

Auror
Hiya Vortex! I hope you enjoy your time here. The people on this site have really helped me with my writing, so I'm sure we have something to offer you as well. :)

Welcome to Mythic Scribes. I'm glad somone here likes the Warhammer Fantasy franchise!

I like 40K more. Best novels are First heretic, Storm of Iron and Thousand Sons. I'm just getitng into Fantasy. I heard the the Nagash series was really good but I didn't like the first one so last night I started reading the Chronicles of Malus Darkblade and I'm hooked. In one sitting I read like thirty pages.

As you may have seen from my pic, Tzeentch is my favorite Chaos God, next to Slaanesh :D

Hi Andro, I'm a Lord of the rings strategy battle gamer myself.

Cool, those models always looked fun to paint. I actually don't play the tabletop games anymore because I realized I was wasting money and that I don't have any to waste lol but someday I would love to get back into it. Not to play but more to build and paint.

Shpob

Dreamer
"Sanity is for the weak!"
I've played the Warhammer 40k computer strategy games before and have read snippets of stories. Such an epic universe to draw inspiration from. Welcome to the forums! I look forward to seeing your writing :)

fleamailman

Closed Account
("...welcome to this forum then..." went the goblin now, adding "...and perhaps human I can help you in a different way then, where you might wish to write more fluidly than is offered by that set standard posting style one seed so repeatedly across forumland here, up to you now then, but if you wish to go into that which you portray in your works then why not incorporate it in part within your writing style too...", "...don't trust him..." went the muted voices in the background, whereupon the goblin just grew a smile across his mouth once more, saying "...what holds you back, remember if you write like everyone else, then just like everyone else is all that it'll be...", as growing night covered up his tracks away once more)

("...welcome to this forum then..." went the goblin now, adding "...and perhaps human I can help you in a different way then, where you might wish to write more fluidly than is offered by that set standard posting style one seed so repeatedly across forumland here, up to you now then, but if you wish to go into that which you portray in your works then why not incorporate it in part within your writing style too...", "...don't trust him..." went the muted voices in the background, whereupon the goblin just grew a smile across his mouth once more, saying "...what holds you back, remember if you write like everyone else, then just like everyone else is all that it'll be...", as growing night covered up his tracks away once more)

Androxine listened to the Goblin's honeyed words and smiled. "You are a cunning creature." said Androxine to the goblin, who exposed a row of jagged teeth in his razor smile, barely visible in the veil of darkness. "But I will not be so easily seduced by your guile. I know the path which i walk. Silence your forked tounge, and leave this place. Your language is that of deceit and treachery, that of which I will not be tempted into." A faint laughter could be heard. A pair of malevolent eyes appeared from the dark. "Oh in time Androxine, we shall see where your fealties truly lie. Time will tell." Androxine began to unsheath his sword at his side when the goblin faded away into the misty night. "Time will tell." he said again in a mirthless whisper. Androxine turned on his heel and said to himself, "Indeed it shall."

fleamailman

Closed Account
Androxine listened to the Goblin's honeyed words and smiled. "You are a cunning creature." said Androxine to the goblin, who exposed a row of jagged teeth in his razor smile, barely visible in the veil of darkness. "But I will not be so easily seduced by your guile. I know the path which i walk. Silence your forked tounge, and leave this place. Your language is that of deceit and treachery, that of which I will not be tempted into." A faint laughter could be heard. A pair of malevolent eyes appeared from the dark. "Oh in time Androxine, we shall see where your fealties truly lie. Time will tell." Androxine began to unsheath his sword at his side when the goblin faded away into the misty night. "Time will tell." he said again in a mirthless whisper. Androxine turned on his heel and said to himself, "Indeed it shall."

("...ah, but your skillfully spoken words do such justice to your pen there mortal..." replied the goblin from the safety of his observing darkness, for he had been waiting for such a one, continuing "...you see, the more you write in third person, or in whichever style you care to choose from now, the more your readers will come to see you, and your posts too, by it, which is something across forumland that is so much more effective than those who have taken it upon themselves to deride me at this point, even for all their dull and dreary posts that is, so no, I do not put poison into your ear so much as help you on your way with an idea to think upon, for we will meet again no doubt...")

("...ah, but your skillfully spoken words do such justice to your pen there mortal..." replied the goblin from the safety of his observing darkness, for he had been waiting for such a one, continuing "...you see, the more you write in third person, or in whichever style you care to choose from now, the more your readers will come to see you, and your posts too, by it, which is something across forumland that is so much more effective than those who have taken it upon themselves to deride me at this point, even for all their dull and dreary posts that is, so no, I do not put poison into your ear so much as help you on your way with an idea to think upon, for we will meet again no doubt...")

Androxine made his way back to the city, pondering on what the goblin had spoken to him earlier that evening. Perhaps he does speak the truth, he thought to himself. He couldn't even remember the last time he had an opportunity to actually trust a gobin. He shrugged away the thoughts and continued to ride on. It doesn't matter, I'm sure our paths shall cross again in the future, are there may be things that I can learn yet. Still, I can't let myself get too serious all the time. With that being said, Androxine let out a loud belch, laughed, and then began trolling the city until the end of time.
-The End-
(Now go to sleep. -Mom, that was the worst bedtime story ever!)

fleamailman

Closed Account
("...ah, but while you sleep, other authors will take your place now..." replied the goblin, adding "...remember they only really remember two types on forumland, the first and the best, where the best is as disputable to all as personal preferences between us are, but the first... well now, that's up to you I suppose, though I'm not selling anything now, merely I was surprised to find such a talented human here that my nature got the better of me...", yet the clock was stealing time at this point, the goblin noticed, saying "...thieves the lot of them, they jump the minute hand the moment one isn't looking, so some other time human if there is one then...")

Last edited:
("...ah, but while you sleep, other authors will take your place now..." replied the goblin, adding "...remember they only really remember two types on forumland, the first and the best, where the best is as disputable to all as personal preferences between us are, but the first... well now, that's up to you I suppose, though I'm not selling anything now, merely I was surprised to find such a talented human here that my nature got the better of me...", yet the clock was stealing time at this point, the goblin noticed, saying "...thieves the lot of them, they jump the minute hand the moment one isn't looking, so some other time human is there is one then...")

Androxine sat himself down in his chair of polished oak. He sipped on his bitter and potent drink from his glass cup, the words of the goblin still lingering in his mind. "What does he mean, the first and the best?" he pondered to himself, slightly speaking aloud. "The best, well, is obvious. Someone with skill renown enough that the people here admire their works and cherish them above others." He set his cup down on a wooden table and stood up. He began walking across the floor, the cool marble echoing his footsteps. "But the first? What is the first?" Androxine starred out into the moonlit sky. The stars overhead hung silently and still, as if time in the great void of the nightsky was trapped in a veil, forever to be unmoved until morning's light came. "The next time we meet, perhaps I will have an understanding of what he meant. I shall wait for him in the forest where he found me. There i shall await his return, and get that creature's name as well."

fleamailman

Closed Account
("...the first, are the ones like andy warhol, the sex pistols, and jasper carrott then, who changed the medium they worked in their way to what one sees today, yet one can hardly say that they were the best by any means, just they have their place in the evolution of things here, that's all..." replied the goblin, seeing that the human was thinking now, to which the goblin smiled once more, adding "...where of course you can follow the others down the same old path of writing books in a world where few people seem to have time to read at length today, or you can do something on forumland as well, which has as increasing readership that is, that might have them remembering you, saying "oh yes, forumland in its infancy was all misunderstood by most authors, and it wasn't till Androxine Vortex came along that the writers began to see their readers within their posts"...", but the goblin himself couldn't publish/repost here, because whatever one posted might be published by it, true, but only those posts he posted without brackets were up to his benchmark he felt, where alas they were by their very nature of residue of things done before, reposts then, concluding "...I would show you but I can't repost to this forum, so the impasse turns me somewhat silent now...")

("...the first, are the ones like andy warhol, the sex pistols, and jasper carrott then, who changed the medium they worked in their way to what one sees today, yet one can hardly say that they were the best by any means, just they have their place in the evolution of things here, that's all..." replied the goblin, seeing that the human was thinking now, to which the goblin smiled once more, adding "...where of course you can follow the others down the same old path of writing books in a world where few people seem to have time to read at length today, or you can do something on forumland as well, which has as increasing readership that is, that might have them remembering you, saying "oh yes, forumland in its infancy was all misunderstood by most authors, and it wasn't till Androxine Vortex came along that the writers began to see their readers within their posts"...", but the goblin himself couldn't publish/repost here, because whatever one posted might be published by it, true, but only those posts he posted without brackets were up to his benchmark he felt, where alas they were by their very nature of residue of things done before, reposts then, concluding "...I would show you but I can't repost to this forum, so the impasse turns me somewhat silent now...")

Aidan sat on the thatched roof of the tavern, watching Androxine and the goblin with a somewhat detatched, amused grin. A chuckle passed his lips as his mind went over the deep conversations he had heard. "I love it here" he muttered to himself, before returning to his tattered copy of "The tale of Byrim the dragon".

fleamailman

Closed Account
(in fact, the goblin hadn't noticed the man on the roof till now, but perhaps that which hid the goblin hid others too, but what of it where it's all both transient and illusionary on forumland, "...my kingdom for a laptop mortals..." he voiced aloud, and always the goblins time was limited, continuing "...now do you not understand why dailylife and that moneygod cheat you of your time here, for the reader only ever sees those written footprints of yours visions, so you write for them perhaps but not I, no, I write to strengthen those my visions here, much like a musician who hears music after his session or an actor who feels his part for playing it in its total, a writer perhaps, perhaps not, but a dreamer... definitely, where we deal in virtual reality, not much but is everything too...", alas the goblin could link no links, for he was just another persona here like everyone else he imagined)

Last edited: