• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hiya

Sparkie

Auror
I'm not real good at introductions, but I'll do my best.

Once upon a time I used to write. A lot. I spent hours upon hours sitting in my easy chair writing all kinds of things. Prose, poetry, songs, essays, anything I wanted. Then life set in, and discouragement along with it. I stopped writing for a long time.
I'm 30 years old now and after almost a decade of drowning in a sea of reality television and video games (and after having a brush with death) I've begun to return to the pastime I used to love so much. It's been refreshing to exercise creativity again in what I believe is the purest form of personal expression, that is, the written word.
I've always loved fantasy. Scince I was a child my favorite stories were always the ones with fantastic elements. From Marvel comics to Brian Jacques' Redwall novels to old-school JRPG's like Lunar Eternal Blue, anything that fed my imagination was what I absorbed the most.
And now I find that writing interesting fantasy has become more difficult for me. As my stories have been transferred from mind to page it just seems like some things are missing. In search of inspiration (and maybe a little help) I came across this site. I have found the articles to be thought-provoking and the threads to be rather encouraging.
I hope that, by joining and posting, I can share some encouragement with others. I know I have found so much of it here in this community, despite my not being a member until now. I also hope that a few questions of my own can be answered in time, but for now I just want to thank all the writers who have contributed to this site. Your articles and posts have done me a lot of good, and I look forward to reading and posting more in the near future.

Enjoy life!

TWErvin2

Auror
Sparkie,

I watch much less TV since I began writing some years back. Good to learn you're back writing again and decided to join here. Don't hesitate to jump in with questions or enter discussions. Hope we're able to get that smooth flow back.

Terry

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello Sparkie, it's great to hear that you are writing again after a very long time of your life... after all a Writer's spirit never dies!! We welcome you here in Mythic Scribes, it's a great place for people like us =)

A belated welcome to you dear.

So sorry I'm late with this... Looking forward to getting to know you!
Nice to have you with us, keep writing, and remember to post a lot.