• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

How to write a good product description

tofit

Dreamer
Describing products was something I had to learn. My vocabulary was pretty short at first but I had to look up words and I'm still looking up new vocabulary for fashion and fabrics. I was told that I should write my product description like it's a masterpiece novel description of an item someone is wearing. I could really use some advice on how to do this well. I think I did a mediocre job on it, but could be more masterful in selling the customer on each item. I've got around 60 products that I need to review my descriptions for.

Also when writing product descriptions you want to make good use of your keywords so you get higher ranking on your page. The use of header 1 and header 2 text will also work to get you higher ranking. You could even do 5 headers. There's still much work for me to do. I'm hoping to consult with writers and get some advice.

I don't think I can post my website on my profile until I've got at least 5 posts and 2 likes. So give me a like if your interested in helping me. Thank you.

tofit

Dreamer
product-image-487478627_590x.jpg

How would you describe this silk shirt? I was told by an SEO expert that I need more content.
How I described it:
This is a high quality men's short sleeve dress shirt. It's made of broadcloth faux silk. It has a turn down collar and buttons that look like diamonds. It's got a rich smooth feel and it will have you looking sexy. We've got many colors and sizes so get out your measuring tape.