• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Kill this Thread

Reaver

Staff
You complete me, Mythic Scribes...

Hello. I'm looking for my wife. Wait...If this is where it has to happen,

then this is where it has to happen. I'm not letting you get rid of me.

How about that? This used to be my specialty. I was good in a living room.

And now, I just...Tonight...our little company had a very big night.

A very, very big night.

But it wasn't complete. It wasn't nearly close to being complete. I couldn't

share it with you. I couldn't hear your voice. I couldn't laugh about it with

you. I missed my... I missed my wife. We live in a cynical world. And we work

in a business of tough competitors.

I love you. You... complete me.

Reaver

Staff
This just in: There are conflicting reports that there has been an assassination attempt on my character!

Details to follow!

Ireth

Myth Weaver
I'm sorry about your dog, Gavin. I know how it feels to lose a pet... I've lost many of them before.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Aw Gavin I'm so sorry. I share a special bond with my dog too, in fact, I have several pictures up here of him. He's going to be twelve this fall. I hope his passing was peaceful and that you can remember the good times during this sad time and that it brings you comfort.

gavintonks

Maester
Thanks for the wishes yes he died in his sleep having a good dream about running somewhere, he had a good innings and a full life and for a lab was well past his sell by date, he waited till the new dogs had settled in and then past on. Are they not just so amazing, I mean he did not eat for days but found the energy to go in and out and lie in the sun, then he went behind the house and fell into a deep sleep, to a place he never went, it is always sad loosing them

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Sorry to hear about your dog, Gavin. I know how it feels to raise a pet for a decade plus. Losing a pet is like losing a member of the family.

Reaver

Staff
This just in: There are conflicting reports that there has been an assassination attempt on my character!

Details to follow!

Well now it seems that this announcement was a tad hasty, so please disregard. Sorry about your dog, Gavin.

gavintonks

Maester
Hi thanks everyone Reaver well glad your character is still alive to live to tell another tail, sorry tale

It is so strange not to see him lying in the sun outside in one of his favorite spots, I think that is the hardest.We have re-homed 2 Labradors and a 6 month old great Dane puppy, he waited till they settled in and then left us, so we have a room full of dog now as in the words of Shakespeare, "parting is such sweet sorrow."

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I wish I had a dog.
I think pets are no longer an option for me--especially dogs. My two-year-old loves dogs, but she'll freak out at the sight of any dog, even a toy poodle. I have to lift her onto my shoulders. Once she's safe up there, she tells me how cute the dog is and says, "Hi, doggie!"

EDIT - This thread will be the first in the challenge forum to hit 2000 views.

"Toga! Toga! Toga... two thousand!"
~Jim Belushi as portrayed on The Simpsons

Last edited:

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
My poor dog has the opposite stance. I got him when I was 21, then the next year I got married and the dog got chucked out of the bed and replaced by my husband. Then three years later I disappeared for a few days and came home with a baby (that he didn't even notice at first because he was so happy to see me). Three more kids and five years later, he's almost twelve and amazingly tolerant of being kicked in the face, ignored for days on end, STARVING because I forget to feed him for a day or two... I mean if dogs could be saints, I nominate Saint Orion, because he's surely the most family-friendly dog I've ever met. Saint Guinefort - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I leave the gate open and he doesn't run away, I forget to give him water until I catch him drinking from the toilet, I vacuum him with the vacuum cleaner and shave off his hair becauseIi can't be bothered to brush him and chase hairballs. He gets kicked and stepped on on a daily basis (partially his own fault for lying in doorways), he hangs his head in shame when I shout at the kids for feeding him from the table, and since our mulberry tree has been fruiting he hasn't been cuddled because he plays outside and gets the berries stuck to him. I need to give him a bath...

Dogs are a joy, and here he is, lying on the floor beside me as I'm typing.

@Sidekick. Maybe try a big dog. My kids are well used to animals, but little dogs can be hyperactive and scary (not to mention nippy and aggressive). Take her to a dog park once and expose her to well-adjusted, friendly, socialized animals and maybe she will get over her fears. My old dog is perfect because he doesn't jump on people. Sure, he'll slobber them with love and cover them with hair if they let him crawl in their lap, but he only does that stuff to people who don't tell him "no".

gavintonks

Maester
I have decided to order a truck load of sand and lay it in the house it is easier than sweeping out the half a bucket a day now. The stallion loves standing in the cottage his son does as well now his mom was looking for him and ran past the front door not seeing him parking off in the entrance. The new very large 6 month great dane and 2 x lab setter crosses are expertly designed to move sand, could be a story there, we get very dry here now no rain until October and the ground just drys everything is covered in dust, so even the worlds best weather comes with a dust ticket for 5 months and the off cold morning which we are not used to

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
I've only been here momentarily the past few weeks. I just wanted to let people know that Nano has been pretty demanding of my time. I've got several things puling me in many directions and I will finish them all, but I can't do it all at once. So anyways, there that is, sorry if I'm looking like I'm neglecting things, I don't intend to, but there is a line of things waiting for my attention and everything's gotta give a little.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Whew, just spent the last two hours doing calligraphy... not the funnest way to spend a hot afternoon, but now it's done and I can get on to the painting.

Reaver

Staff
This thread has over 2,000 views now! Awesome! Let's blow it up!

I would but I used my last hand grenade a few posts ago. I think that Legendary Sidekick might have some dynamite left over from a story we worked on together a while back. Ask him.