• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Kill this Thread

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Let's talk about our goals for the year. (Make this thread a bit more productive)

By the way, Benjamin, thanks again for that spreadsheet you sent me. It's been awesome with keeping up with where I'm sending things.

My goals for the rest of 2012:

1. Finish my novel (finally), hopefully I can accomplish finishing the first draft by the end of August, I'm hoping
2. Send off more short stories. I've found a couple of markets I'm interested in getting into, so I'm going to submit ad nauseum to them.
3. Start work on a new novel. I'm chomping at the bit to write something new, but I'm not letting Creative ADD get me down. I'm sticking with this one I'm on until the end. Come hell or high water! :)

Ireth

Myth Weaver
My goals, in no particular order:

1. Work for acceptance of my novel by an agent or publisher, no matter how many people I need to submit to.
2. Continue work on my other WIPs in the hope of finishing at least one of them by the end of the year.
3. Do well in my next semester of college and get all my credits figured out. (I know it's not writing-related, but still, it's a goal.)

Rikilamaro

Inkling
Phil productivity can be highly over rated.
My goals for the next year:
1. Finalize the resolution of my marriage. It's only taken 3 years at this point. I know, over share.
2. Finish nursing school.
3. Pass NCLEX. = become a nurse.
4. Do a happy dance.

Those were all non-writing related. So here's some more:
5. Finish editing of my book and get it published.
6. Finish writing second book in series.
7. Do a happy dance.

My goals:

1. Conquer Earth.
2. Destroy Earth (only if 1 fails - if I can't have it, no one can).
3. Self-publish my NiP.

I actually got first sketches from my cover artist today, and they're pretty good, and she had some awesome ideas about how to improve on my suggestions. I'm super excited to see what she sends next. :) With a little luck, this baby'll be on (virtual) shelves by my target date of July 23!

Steerpike

Felis amatus
I'd like to sell the short story I have out to a paying market somewhere. In addition, I want to finish the story I am currently working on and self-publish it.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Ok, new topic. What are you reading right now? I'm reading "The Last Wish" by Andrezj Sapkowski. I'm really digging the Witcher stuff. It's dark, but not too dark. And it's rather light reading in that I don't get bogged down with a lot of dense language. I'm also reading "Blood Meridian" at the same time, which is decidedly NOT light reading, but is pretty awesome.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
A lot of people are reading "Blood Meridian" it seems. Is it just me, or does it sort of "feel" like a fantasy story in some way? I know it's not, but it just feels like that for some reason.

What else do you like to read Rikilamaro? Maybe I can suggest something.

gavintonks

Maester
finally finished wheel of time 13 could have indexed a lot of the stuff and about 4 really good chapters the rest when I remember it I will tell you, plus some appalling telling and some really horrible god pov discussing the characters thoughts and feelings, just like a lecture
one more to go and hopefully it will not dispaoint

Reaver

Staff
Wah-wah-wah-wuh-wah-wuh

Yes ma'am, I really like this thread.

Wah-woo-way-woo-wah

Kill it? Why on earth would I do that?

Wuh-woo-wah-wah-wuhhh...wah-whu-waa-wee-woo

No ma'am... I don't wan't to disobey you.

Waaa-wooo-weee-hoo-hooo!

WHY WON'T YOU GET OUTTA MY HEAD!?!

Wah-wah-wahh-wee-wooo

Yes..Yes ma'am..I'm sorry..I'll do it..I swear on the spilt blood of AGOR!

Last edited: