• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Nano 2016 Motivation and Confession Thread

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
kill me now :skull: falling further behind...

He stepped closer. In a hushed, knowing tone, he said, “Insult my dress, my wealth, my manhood all you like. I know exactly who and what I am. But there’ll come a time when you’ll have to come to terms with who and what you are. Will you be so content with your own truth?”

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Put together just above 600 words today.

There's no way I'll hit the 50k goal by the end of the month. I'm still aiming for the "write every day" goal though, and so far I'm looking pretty good as far as that goes.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
I have a date tonight with "Blow" and "Wolf of Wall Street" so, probably not much going to be added to my word count. I'm at about 18k words.

C

Chessie

I have 400 words in so far that I wrote early this morning. Went on a date with my husband after church, got the house cleaned, everyone squared away and now I'm ready to keep going. I finally made it to chapter 4, the "falling in love + antagonist revealed" part. Exciting? To me, yes. This chapter is going to be a good time to write.

C

Chessie

I have a date tonight with "Blow" and "Wolf of Wall Street" so, probably not much going to be added to my word count. I'm at about 18k words.

Wolf Of Wall Street was a shock to my system. I had some of those images burned into my memory for days. Blow, on the other hand, is one of my favorites. I seriously love that movie.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
I didn't know what either of them was about when I got them from the library...I'm almost finished with "Blow" so I guess I figured that one out. I haven't read the back of "Wolf of Wall Street" yet, so no clue what it's about, but a friend recommended it when we were talk gin about story-telling.

Heliotrope

Staff
Article Team
*Sigh*..... so a key on my computer is broken. :(

The key between k and ; Which means I coud do my 1700 words but then I woud have to go back to fix a the words that use the etter .

Which is sort of a pain.

So I'm going to ca it quits for tonight unti tomorrow when I can go to Best Buy and get my keyboard fixed.

Reactions: Tom

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Ack, I'm sorry, Helio! I guess it would be a lot of bother to just copy an L from somewhere, then paste it into the doc as needed?

Tom

Istar
1463 words today! I wrote notes today, mainly on Yianlai folk magic, religious customs, and mythical creatures.

Heliotrope

Staff
Article Team
Yes, I could go that. That's a good idea actually.

I've already had a bath and am watching a show in bed so if I don't get to Best Buy tomorrow I will use that! Thanks.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
I might do more later tonight, but for now I am calling it at 1900 words, 17200 total. It doesn't make up for yesterday, though.

Chapter four is now chapter five. Set up a stub for the new chapter four and chapter six.

C

Chessie

Today was good, really good with 3k exactly, pushing me to 24,328. This novel is going to be over 75k, I'm starting to get the feeling. Ugh. What a massive undertaking. However, every story is different. Some are longer than others. This one, clearly, has plenty to say. I'm having a blast, too. There's nothing funner than having two antagonists in this one. #1 antagonist is hella feared while #2 antagonist is way more dangerous and threatens Ludmila and Sergei's operation. His jealousy is driving him mad and I'm laughing all the way to the loonie bin.

Heliotrope

Staff
Article Team
Success! Just got back from Best Buy with my new wireless keyboard! It was going to be waaaay to expensive to have my laptop fixed. My husband is not impressed :(

But now.... lllllllLLLLLLLllllll!

Ah, I never knew l could be so exciting for me.

My daughter is bed so I have some words to catch up on.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Here's an "in" for you to help you on the way: in - barely used.

Just kidding. Good to hear you got yourself up and running again. :)

I wrote a 600 word chapter and started on another, but the flow just wouldn't come. I'll have to have a think about what I want to do with and then start over again. I suspect I reached an unexpected milestone and that it caused me to relax and stumble, making it hard for me to get back up to speed again. It's almost weekend on my planet though, just one more day.

Heliotrope

Staff
Article Team
Do you ever suprise yourself with a brilliant idea and then think "Damn. That idea was worth at least 2000 words. I deserve to call it quits for tonight."

That's me tonight. Totally brilliant idea I had never considered just popped into the story and I feel now like I deserve the night off. lol.

Tom

Istar
Wow...didn't think I'd be able to get anything written today, but surprised myself with a word count of 1500-ish. I had a late day at the digital art lab, finishing up an assignment, and then had a short paper to write when I got home. After I got the paper done I pulled The Road to El Dorado up on Netflix and wrote while I watched. It was relaxing after a stressful day.

C

Chessie

It was a super busy day for me so only 1,242 today, bringing me to 25,570. At least I got my halfway badge yay!

Gribba

Troubadour
Good job, writing, everyone... *jealousy dripping off every word* :p

So, no internet for 2 day.
The oldest son moving out in a 5 days, which means the 2 younger boys are getting their own room.
So far I have emptied 2 rooms, painted 2 rooms, put new floor in one of the rooms and moved the youngest into his new room. Tomorrow, moving the middle son into the room I just painted (after round 2 of paint, later today)... then paint the 3rd room move stuff into that room and then finally, help the oldest son move out...

Writing ZERO the entire week... stuck at 18k words... soooo far behind... :eek: