• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

NaNoWriMo 2011 Participants

pskelding

Troubadour
2835 as I posted in the other thread. Let's go everybody! We can do this!

I'm a bit behind but ended on a scene ending today. Tomorrow should prove a bit more productive as I'm killing the POV character in the scene a good trick I want to try that I learned from thriller novels.

Shadoe

Sage
One thing I can say for the pressure, it's made me focus on getting the story correct right out of the gate. I usually skip around and write scenes when I feel that I can manage them. That means I often have to go back and rewrite, or the story goes in new and unexpected ways and I end up having to replot the whole thing. With NaNo, I'm writing a scene in the morning, then outlining later scenes at night, keeping just a little bit ahead of the morning sprint. But I'm doing it all in order, at least.

myrddin173

Maester
Up to 2413 words. Still a bit behind but so far have added obscure references to both Harry Potter and the Wheel of Time.

Shadoe

Sage
I'm behinder than I want to be. I'm at 5400 words. I've got some big scenes to write tomorrow morning, though, so it shouldn't be too bad. And I added a new scene last night, too, which ties a bunch of other stuff together, so I'm patting myself on the back a bit. ;)

Shadoe

Sage
7246 words. And now, I have to work 12 hours, then hit the road back to NY for the weekend. Not sure if I'll get ANY writing done, but I'll be bringing the laptop, just in case I get a chance. :)

SeverinR

Vala
Losing inspiration.
4500 words, I know I can make it up (should be about 6-7k by now.)
But just seem to be rambling and random, with little direction.
Have another story I am considering starting, also still need to edit the book I just finished.
I write quickly when I am to a story, but I doubt I could do 50k in a month with it, thats why I went the
open free style, of a wizard apprentice learning the basics and one of his instructors, a secretly evil wizard making final prep to becoming a lich.
Busy week though, so maybe if I get things settled a little more I could concentrate more on this story.

I just wrote the scene that sets everything spiraling out of control for the rest of the novel. it is basically one big conversation with Dëkradïn and the king that one of Dëkradïn's sons hears just a tiny bit of. so he goes and tells his brothers what he heard which makes one really angry, so angry in fact, he decides to get what he wants with force. 9570 is where I'm at by the way.

myrddin173

Maester
7,467, finally broke the 1,667 words a day! I update my NaNoWriMo profile with an excerpt but keep in mind I haven't revised it yet. Hopefully tomorrow I will finally reach the inciting incident.

Good luck, everybody. I'm really amazed by the whole thing, as I know I would never be able to maintain that pace. Great work so far!

myrddin173

Maester
9449, hey that's a palindrome! I finally reached the inciting incident that I have been planning for what seems like forever.

Last edited: