• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

NaNoWriMo 2017!

Why is it so difficult to write these last few pages?! I should have been done on Wednesday!

All of the motivation that has been compelling me onward for two and a half weeks is suddenly gone.

All of the motivation that has been compelling me onward for two and a half weeks is suddenly gone.

But you're soooo close. I am very much having the same issue, after a fairly challenging November IRL. But got at least 13K to go, and man it's kicking my butt. How you guys write so fast is beyond me, I hit 1667 and my brain shuts down.

Antonius

Scribe
It's been awhile since I've had a day like today. Managed to get 2.5K down and now my first draft has crept over 30k words. Got another day to hopefully do the same - if I don't get distracted. Regardless, I'm happy with my progress so far because for once I'm actually writing more than I normally would.

Ugh, I know! I just tipped over 40k, and Saturdays are really bad for getting the time to write. Guess I'm gonna hafta sit down after dinner and bang out what I can. But. I. Will. Conquer. NaNoWriMo. (Then stress out about finishing the novel and turning it into something readable at a later date)

Fluffypoodel

Inkling
Took yesterday off to solve some pace issues and came back to write almost 5k tonight which catches me up to the goal. Looking to finish the month off strong!

Fluffypoodel

Inkling
Four more pages to go. Hopefully I can be done by tonight.
Ugh, I know! I just tipped over 40k, and Saturdays are really bad for getting the time to write. Guess I'm gonna hafta sit down after dinner and bang out what I can. But. I. Will. Conquer. NaNoWriMo. (Then stress out about finishing the novel and turning it into something readable at a later date)

You're doing great!!

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
I'm up to 6200 words total. Made it into Chapter Five.

My writing mojo is moving real slow...but, at least it's moving again.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
2100 words today. I've had a few very sluggish an unproductive days, but I feel like I'm about to get into the groove again. Let's hope this isn't speaking to soon, but rather a sign of things to come. I could do with a bit of a productivity and confidence boost.

Antonius

Scribe
Done the most amount of writing yesterday, just under 3k and then got distracted. Haha

Won't have much time during this last week of the month, maybe 1 ~ 3 hours worth of writing a day. I may attempt another big session on Tuesday depending how the day goes. If I can hit 40K by the end of the month, I'd considered it a success.

Fluffypoodel

Inkling
My first day over 5k!! It would have been more but I erased a duplicate section and got rid of a few paragraphs I didn't like which probably totaled to a little over 1k. I also didn't realize that November only has 30 days instead of 31 so my 100k counter was off by a day which means my word counts are all off by a day, which means a few more days of above average output. The thrill of it all!

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Somehow managed another thousand words today. Not much by NaNo standards, but the best I've done in months. 7200 words total.

Still won't finish, but maybe it'll set me up to continue the rewrite of 'Empire: Capital' come December.