• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

NaNoWriMo 2018 Word Counts

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
I'm rebelling it again this year and starting with 15,482 words in my pocket. Today so far is slow going, but we'll see where I end up!

Chessie2

Staff
Article Team
3655 for today. About 630 of that was the new NaNo book and the rest finished up Klondike Bounty. Woop!

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
3655 for today. About 630 of that was the new NaNo book and the rest finished up Klondike Bounty. Woop!
Noice!

I got about 70 words today, which is about on par for me for NaNoWriMo. :p But! I think I may finally be unstuck on this chapter, so things should be better tomorrow.

Antonius

Scribe
Day 2 is over. I've managed to at least double my word count and finished chapter 3. 2711 words added for a total of 5133.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
About a 1000 today, or 1400 total. It's a busy month for me, so I'm scaling down my success conditions to 30k total, while aiming for more.

Chessie2

Staff
Article Team
I pulled a 10 hr shift at work today so no writing until now. Just sitting down...not sure how much I'll get done but there's always the weekend. :D

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
700 words total for me so far, all of them on a short story I should have finished days ago instead of my actual NaNo project. I'll probably be plugging away at that through the weekend. Then onto the mess that is 'Empire: Metropolis.'

Antonius

Scribe
1,572 today. I reached some scenes where I struggled and couldn't think of things to write. I can already tell the second draft is going to look and feel completely different to what I've written so far.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
I did some major plot restructuring today and wrote a mesmerizing 300 words.

^You're so kind. :cat:

I did November NaNo last year, and I did it in three weeks because I wanted to see if I could. I exhausted myself beyond belief by the end. I'm pacing things much better this time.

[It's actually the other way round--my word count's way high because I cheated again and added a huge scene from another project that fit in perfectly. :notworthy:]

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership

I did November NaNo last year, and I did it in three weeks because I wanted to see if I could. I exhausted myself beyond belief by the end. I'm pacing things much better this time.

[It's actually the other way round--my word count's way high because I cheated again and added a huge scene from another project that fit in perfectly. :notworthy:]
Taking time and being gentle to yourself is an excellent strategy. Remember, novel writing is a marathon, not a sprint.

And don't worry about having extra words from a scene you had in your pocket. It's called being a rebel, and it totally counts. They're still your words. You have a couple of choices. You can be a purist and only count the words you have written after the first of November, or you can let the whole thing be counted and be a rebel. They both count towards your participation. So don't worry about it, and forge your own path. You're doing great!

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver

I'm adding my short story into the NaNo word count even though it's not my NaNo project. Because, after all, it was still written during NaNo.

And like A E Lowan, my progress this NaNo has been dismal thus far.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Managed to pull a couple hundred words out of my teeth today. My head hurts, but I'm ramping up!