NaNoWriMo 2018

Discussion in 'NaNoWriMo' started by A. E. Lowan, Oct 7, 2018.

1. A. E. Lowan

A. E. Lowan Staff Article Team

Ready... set...

Everybody knuckling down and getting ready?

Do we have any rebels this year? As usual, I'm rebelling it because I have a book due out early next year.

2. ThinkerX

ThinkerX Valar Lord

Well, with the seemingly unending rewrite of 'Empire: Estate' wrapped up, I'm definitely thinking about NaNo, and I even have a couple of candidates. However, I also have the even longer (?) rewrite of 'Empire: Metropolis' to see too.

Not going to try to pound out the rough draft of book III in your series during NaNo?

3. A. E. Lowan

Totally going to try to pound out the rough draft for Book 3. Will I succeed? That remains to be see. :D I suck at NaNoWriMo. lol

4. ThinkerX

ThinkerX Valar Lord

That makes two of us. My best NaNo month was about 47K. On the other hand, the first drafts for most of my longer works were written during various NaNo months.

A. E. Lowan likes this.
  5. Chessie2

Chessie2 Staff Article Team

I'll definitely be doing NaNoWriMo this year. My goal is to have the WIP done by the end of October so that I can join in on the fun. Not sure if I'll be writing 1700k each day, since my sessions tend to be more about advancing chapters than word count. Sometimes I write 3k+, other days I write less than 1k. It all depends BUT I'd like to do NaNo so I can get in the habit of writing daily, which I'm not currently doing. -_-

For NaNo, I'll be writing book 1 in my new historical romance series. Totes excited about this one.

A. E. Lowan likes this.
  6. A. E. Lowan

Two weeks until liftoff! Excited?

Chessie2 likes this.
  7. ThinkerX

ThinkerX Valar Lord

Getting there. Right now, it looks like the rewrite of 'Empire: Metropolis' will be the NaNo project - unless the doctors decree otherwise (looking at arm/hand surgery). Meantime, might as well tinker more with the world notes and pound out a short story or two...

8. I have lots to do to prepare. I have a bunch of short stories to write for Book 4, then type out Book 2-4, and then prepare what I've got of Book 5 for NaNo.

9. A. E. Lowan

Word has a new dictation feature (which I haven't tried, yet). I don't do well with dictation, but maybe it might help get at least some words on the page?

ThinkerX likes this.
  10. ScaryMJDiamcreep

ScaryMJDiamcreep Journeyman

I forget, is NaNo an American thing, or is there an equivilent in the UK? Or is it just an internet thing?

11. Chessie2

Chessie2 Staff Article Team

I am desperately trying to finish my WIP before NaNo, which means two weeks until the darn thing is done. Editing + writing a new novel in November? Sure thing. :)

12. A. E. Lowan

You can do eet! *waves tiny pompoms*

13. A. E. Lowan

NaNo began in the States, but it's quickly becoming a world-wide event. You can check them out at nanowrimo.org.

14. ScaryMJDiamcreep

ScaryMJDiamcreep Journeyman

Nice to know that I'd be able to participate, but I doubt I'd even get a fifth of the way through, so I probably won't take part.

15. Even getting a bit done is a major accomplishment.

[There's also Camp NaNo in April and July, which have chat cabins and a choose your own word count.]

16. ThinkerX

ThinkerX Valar Lord

If it's any consolation, the rewrite of my last 'novel' (60,000 words) took 100+ days.