• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Need help with an organization name!

FatCat

Maester
Hmm, if it's a rebel-type organization you could always use the 'Sons of ____ '(insert countries name here), kinda classic counter-culture namesake imo. It's tough to find the perfect anything, but I'm sure if you keep taking swings at it something is bound to click. Is this a political movement/rivalry that the countries populous is privy to, or is it kind of a magical rivalry being fought behind the scenes? Also, you may be over-thinking the name and getting drawn into a somewhat trivial headache, names don't always have to reflect all the ideals/passions/philosophy of the group. Try going simple! For example Monarca doesn't immediately bring any specific purpose to mind other than transformation, which I'm guessing is the point. The counter to this could be something like the 'Stalwart Shadow', implying unseen resistance.

Maybe the organization doesn't have a name. Maybe that was part of the original plan of the founders: to not ever create something for an enemy to latch onto. Members of the organization identify one another via some sign, or signal, or phrase, or action; there's no need for them to refer to the organization by name. If they do need to refer to other members, maybe they just say "my friends" or "our friends." Something like that.

MystiqueRain

Troubadour
Maybe the organization doesn't have a name. Maybe that was part of the original plan of the founders: to not ever create something for an enemy to latch onto. Members of the organization identify one another via some sign, or signal, or phrase, or action; there's no need for them to refer to the organization by name. If they do need to refer to other members, maybe they just say "my friends" or "our friends." Something like that.

Right now, that's one of my options xD It's easy just to say "the organization" but sometimes I find it annoying as well to keep calling them that. I'll see. I'm sure when something clicks, it'll be good. :)

There's no reason that the organization's enemies can't coin a name for it and use that, even if the organization itself deliberately eschews names.