• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

New guy on the block.

Kenny Smith

Dreamer
Hi there!
If you are reading this, that means you are probably horrifyingly bored, and in need of something to relieve this.
Well, I cannot help that very well and I am terrible with introductions...here goes nothing:
My name is Kenny Smith, I am mainly a fantasy writer, but I have been trying to successfully combine Fantasy and Science fiction in a new and innovative way.
I currently have started on a new project, something inspired by my girlfriend up at college. She thought up a character and described it to me.
We had a brainwave on this character (the details of which are in medias res), and that inspired the world to be flavored like so: 15th-16th German-style architecture, with the industrial age on the rise. Magic has always been something relatively far removed from humanity, because it was wielded by things beyond humanity's ken.
Sometimes, there are small things that seep into humanity via magic. Events, strange things. Such as spirits of the dead haunting loved ones, the dead coming back to life in order to annoy the living. Plenty of things.

Chilari

Staff
Sounds interesting. Welcome to the Scriptorium!

For the record I'm not horrifyingly bored. I always check the introductions section first when I come on Mythic Scribes. It's certainly never boring.

Hi Kenny, welcome to the right place. You obviously have some pretty neat ideas coming in between you and your good lady, I look forward to hearing about these returning spirits and how the story evolves. Make yourself at home, we've recently had a hot chocolate machine installed *winks at Chilari*.

Klee Shay

Troubadour
I'm not horrifyingly bored, I have a horrifyingly short attention span.

Welcome to Myt . . . What's that?

San Cidolfus

Troubadour
Hello and welcome. I hope you enjoy your time at the Scribes; just remember to keep your syntax on a leash and clean up after any punctuation. We keep little baggies in conveniently located dispensers for just such events.

Reaver

Staff
Welcome to Mythic Scribes, Kenny! I hope that you'll find everything you're looking for here. Looking forward to seeing your contributions. Enjoy!