• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

New in Town

Hi, everyone!

I found this site a few weeks ago, and I am in love with it. I started with the articles, then started taking glimpses at the forums and eventually knew I had to join. I am an avid fan of fantasy work, and I can't wait to start participating in these threads.

I'll try and be brief: I am a music student, studying classical and modern piano along with composition. I have been writing whatever I can since childhood, and although I study music (and attempt to study art on the side), I have a real passion for prose, and have never been able to keep it out of my focus for long. When I read, time permitting, I have a few choice authors. Timothy Findley, Margaret Atwood, Garth Nix, Ursula LeGuin, Terry Brooks, and–more recently–Patrick Rothfuss are among my favourites, to give a sample, although I struggle to find the time to read too often with school, work and writing.

I'm from Toronto and in my spare time I help with art, music and design in the local indie video game development community. I find game design to be a unique and interesting challenge for narrative, but don't worry–I keep it separate, as I feel books that read like video games often fall flat. Other than that, I'm passionate about the importance of proper grammar and three-dimensional characters. I hope I fit in well!

- Julien

Xavorn

Minstrel
Hello,

Welcome from my behalf. It's nice to see another musical person and I completely agree with good grammar. :)

-Xavorn

Xanados

Maester
Judging by your last sentence there, Julienlegault, I'd say you're going to fit in perfectly. Welcome to Mythic Scribes.