• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

New Kid in Town

Yay, I joined today!

About me as a writer--Started in high school. Began several books of fanfic before it was even called fanfic. Burned everything I'd ever written. Dabbled in several genres. Didn't burn everything. Began a fantasy book about 13 years ago, tried to stop but the heroine won't let me. Joined critters.org (highly recommended) at about that time but had to drop out because of time constraints. Still haven't published anything for money. Which is not to say that I've never had anything published.

Warning: I have a skewed sense of humor, and I'm not afraid to use it. I will very likely offend you at some point, but not for the reasons you'd expect.

Edit: forgot to mention, the "time constraints" was a job as a professional copyeditor.

Last edited:

TWErvin2

Auror
Short Hair,

Welcome to the forum. Hope your time situation has improved such that you can make progress on your novel. Hang in there and keep writing and improving and you'll get some of your writing published.

Terry

The Chrëdiyëdi welcome you! I am their leader Ziedïn Hëradïn, we gift you with apples and a glass of water from the green water.

Last edited:

Xanados

Maester
Welcome ShortHair. I too have a rather odd sense of humor, sarcastic I guess.
Enjoy your stay!

Critters.org is a critique group for speculative fiction. I used to be a member over there too, but it is time consuming as they have a quota for how many crits you submit to remain an active member. Great feedback if you have finished stories though!