• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

One Baby Step Forward

Hey there guys. I'm rachelwrites527 and I've been writing a fantasy series for about six years. I'm a creative writing major, sophomore in college, and HP/LOTR fanatic. I'm not going to lie, I'm feeling a bit intimidated here, so any reassurance would be nice.

JCFarnham

Auror
No need to be intimidated :) We're a nice bunch really!

As it is I couldn't imagine working on a series for six years (I'm only a year into "serious writing" really) so congratulations on all those words. Hopefully one day I'll have finished something too - I'm a serious perfectionist, nothing is ever finished to me haha.

So. Welcome Rachel, make yourself at home!

I'm a perfectionist too. That's why none of the books are finished. I have three fourths of one of them and half of another, but only an idea for the third.

Chilari

Staff
Oh, don't be intimidated. We don't bite. Except possibly Reaver, and then only if you try to take his, uh, honey-based alcoholic beverages (don't say the M word or he'll be here in a shot). Nah, we're generally fairly normal for fantasy writers (which means not normal at all for humanity in general). There are a few published authors here, sure, but most of us are struggling along with our novels and working on improving our writing and looking for others to give us feedback or help us think about how we're writing. So I hope you'll feel very much at home here and not be intimidated, because we're all trying to support one another.

So welcome to the Scriptorium, and enjoy your stay! I look forward to seeing your posts in the discussions.

Codey Amprim

Staff
Article Team
Are you my twin? Same thing except I'm only a freshy. Good to see I'm not the only one who has that major! Welcome to the communitah, hope you stay awhile! There's a ton of talent and awesome people here.

Reaver

Staff
Oh, don't be intimidated. We don't bite. Except possibly Reaver, and then only if you try to take his, uh, honey-based alcoholic beverages (don't say the M word or he'll be here in a shot).

Okay, Chilari! Where's the Mead? :stomp:

Oh...:redface:hey...:angel:hi there, rachelwrites527! Welcome to Mythic Scribes! I absolutely do not bite. However, I can't say that about San Cidolfus. Or Devor. He's a Barbarian. No...literally. Ask him. A good man, but keep your hands at a safe distance.

There used to be a Dwarf by the Name of Elder that's the same way, but haven't seen him around much these days...

But seriously, welcome to MS! After you've made 5 posts & if you're game...check out my challenge. There will be PRIZES!

Last edited:

San Cidolfus

Troubadour
Hello and welcome, Rachel. Like the good folk above me stated, there's no need at all to be intimidated. Now, I may not have said anything, but since the issue came up, I have bitten before, but I feel that it was warranted in the situation.

So fear not the teethies, take a look around, kick off your shoes, make yourself at home.

And there's nothing wrong with working on a project for six years. My record is fifteen. ;)

Klee Shay

Troubadour
You mean like Artie Shaw and Benny Goodman? Oh, you mean the 'Big Bang Theory'

Wish I had something more clever to say, but, sadly, I've never seen that show.