• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Please to meet you

EmrichNorr

Dreamer
(Pleased to meet you. Sorry, I got 4h of sleep last night) Hi, I'm Emrich. Explorer, adventurer, and storyteller. I've joined a couple of days ago and so far I love what I see: a beautiful site, well designed and very thorough. I'm very happy to be here and looking forward to learn more about writing.

Last edited:

EmrichNorr

Dreamer
Welcome aboard EmrichNorr. Is the 'explorer adventurer' a career or a hobby?
I'm not sure. It's my whole life and it wasn't my choice. Like Cleanthes said: "Wretched though I am, I must follow still. Fate guides the willing, but drags the unwilling". And being dragged ain't fun my friend, as you probably know.

I'm not sure. It's my whole life and it wasn't my choice. Like Cleanthes said: "Wretched though I am, I must follow still. Fate guides the willing, but drags the unwilling". And being dragged ain't fun my friend, as you probably know.
If there isn't a clear distinction between your career and hobbies then possibly you are fortunate to have a career you enjoy so much it doesn't feel like work, or life is generally such a grind that everything feels like hard work. I hope you are closer to the former.

EmrichNorr

Dreamer
If there isn't a clear distinction between your career and hobbies then possibly you are fortunate to have a career you enjoy so much it doesn't feel like work, or life is generally such a grind that everything feels like hard work. I hope you are closer to the former.
Wise words JB. Thank you.
The less I resist, the more enjoyable it becomes.
So I guess I'm moving from the latter to the former.