• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Prelude to BeastMagjek, Languages & Virtues!

Shonen

Dreamer
Greetings,

It has been quite some time since I last posted on this site. Don't worry, I still get emails people posting in what fantasy world they would live in!

I am writing this today and nearly night when I should be resting to ease whatever cold I have and sorting out my clothes from the tumble dryer. But those bloody things can wait!

If you would like some prior posting knowing what I wrote about a year ago or so, here it is. Some things may have changed down the line https://mythicscribes.com/community/threads/my-novel-idea-project-beastmagjek.21778/
If you like to see the chapter 1 posting I did a while ago, here it is https://mythicscribes.com/community/threads/project-beastmagjek-chapter-1-partially-done.22394/

But those are not important now, I'd to share you a prelude I made for a Fiverr Freelancer who helped make a conlang, here's how it went down.
A few months ago, I decided that since I didn't have any clue about creating conlangs and I have great struggles understanding and even remembering the structure of the English language. They call it Learning Difficulty or as George Carling would call me Stupid XD

So I decided after seeing that damn blonde on those Fiverr ads, I realised I could pay a person to help create a conlang for my Elves in Project BeastMagjek! I still don't quite fully understand how the language is supposed to work in conjunction with English and how I'm supposed to put it on paper. But I feel this is a great start or at least something to work upon. Please visit, he was helpful, friendly and invested! https://www.fiverr.com/callmesixth
He even said he loved Kael'Marnoch!

He helped create some language for the Elves mainly and even the Orcs! If you wish to read the prelude which I created at first to give him an idea about the characters and world. I actually became invested in writing this 2 months ago and liked how I set things up. I know I can make this long in the future but the foundation starts here, here it is! Project BeastMagjek: Fall of Kael'Marnoch
And for the conlang he helped create is right here! Shaen language foundations

Oh yeah, I did attach a file to this. I felt inspired by Richard Garriot/Lord British's creation of the 8 Virtues from the Ultima series and now his Avatar MMO. I decided since I am stupid, and to try and give the Shaen/Sky Elves a different approach than how most would write them. Their 4 virtues are not based on an ancient god but of 4 Sky Elves that were rumoured to be the ones who could walk on clouds. They would have been considered being blessed with Magjek more than usual. They helped forge what is the Sky Elves society to this day and the core of their values living day to day through their actions. The Sky Elf Queen at the time ever since they fell in battle should become a sort of symbolic symbol to all Shaen.
I designed the rings initially to become like the Virtues but I felt the Shaen were very direct in their thoughts and beliefs. So like a paper chain, the figures now become symbols of what all Shaen should be within their society. Not picking a favourite but becoming all chained together. Those who didn't like this or couldn't do this would be outcasts which leads to Earthen Elves.
I am sorry for this not making sense, but I wanted not a singular being they all worship like Elune from Warcraft or even Virtues that everyone can follow. But using these 4 Shaen and building them up in some divine sense, when in reality.

Please share your honest thoughts! I haven't touched writing the story for some time now, been busy playing Cold War and FFXIV!

Attachments

• ElvishVirtues.jpg
    ElvishVirtues.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 1