1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Random thoughts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SeverinR, May 14, 2013.

1. Chessie

Chessie Guest

I just spent an hour digging my car out of 4 inches of snow and it still can't budge out of its spot. I'm seriously ready for spring here.

Thomas Laszlo likes this.
  2. ^I was ready for spring back in November.

3. Me too :( but at least it's a pretty balmy 60 F here. (Southerly dwelling dragon.)

4. Thomas Laszlo

Thomas Laszlo Sage

Same! Missouri baby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. If I had my way, the temperature would never go below 60. :p I love summer, and my idea of summer is "90 degrees Fahrenheit for three months straight."

I hate, hate, hate cold.

6. Thomas Laszlo

Thomas Laszlo Sage

I love cold!

So no writing done today:( Gonna make up for it at school tomorrow on the Chrome Book

7. How does one love cold?!?!

Aww :(

8. Thomas Laszlo

Thomas Laszlo Sage

Well you see, warm blood mixed with two small dogs that are about the temperature of a hot pocket in the oven all year round and a back for naturally overheating oneself a love of the cold becomes second nature Xd

9. Insolent Lad

Insolent Lad Inkling

So agree! That's why I live in Florida and shall continue to until we are all underwater.

10. Russ

Russ Istar

I enjoy all four seasons. I suspect I would struggle living somewhere that didn't have them.

11. Thomas Laszlo

Thomas Laszlo Sage

Come to Missouri, we can have all four seasons in an hour!

DragonOfTheAerie and Russ like this.
  12. Russ

Russ Istar

Would love to!

13. Chessie

Chessie Guest

The same! Although, Alaska really has 3 seasons:

-winter October-April
    -snow break up-April-May
    -summer June-Sept
    -fall optional during September. Our fall is literally like 3 weeks.

Pretty much it's hell here right now. It's supposed to get down to 30 below this week. Right now it's 11F and there's 2 feet of snow that I have to shovel today. Siiiiiggggghhhh. I also do love the cold and the snow. Definitely going snow shoeing this morning. But...the hardest part about winters here is the dark. It's pitch black out right now and will be until the sun comes up around 9am. It'll be dark by 4:30. Sucks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2017
  14. Wow. Can't even imagine. I hate dark too :p

15. Malik

Malik Archmage

The running joke around here is that we have four seasons: Almost Winter, Winter, Winter's Almost Over, and Road Construction.

The other joke is that you can tell when summer's here because the rain gets warmer. I'm in a microclimate out on the end of a peninsula and it seems to always be foggy and rainy here. Five miles in any direction and it often lets up.

Also, living in a place like this, you get to the point where you realize that you're going to be wet no matter what you do. You can let it stop you, or you can roll with it. It's amazing how fast you acclimate; it's 45 and raining right now and I just got back from a 4-mile run in a T-shirt and shorts. I saw another runner out there doing the same thing, going the other way, both of us soaked to the skin. I won't wear a running jacket or a hat anymore unless it's in the 30's or it's really a goose-drowner. A hot shower, a cup of coffee, and it's like it never happened.

Thomas Laszlo and Ireth like this.
  16. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Sounds like Manitoba, except what you call "Winter's Almost Over" we call "Still Winter". And then there's "that one day in March where it's really warm and everyone gets irrationally optimistic." XD

Thomas Laszlo and Malik like this.
  17. Chessie

Chessie Guest

45 is definitely shorts weather! Also, my in-laws live on the Olympic Peninsula. We love visiting them there. The climate is so nice and temperate but not hot (hate hot). It's refreshing.

Thomas Laszlo and Malik like this.
  18. buyjupiter

buyjupiter Maester

Substitute "summer" in for "winter" & that's our life here in the sonoran desert. We're in road construction season right now. By the end of February we'll hit almost summer, tho last Feb we had a day that was over 100F.

19. I'm seriously considering moving somewhere warm. How did someone like me end up living in such a cold place????

20. Thomas Laszlo

Thomas Laszlo Sage

Same reason a city boy like me was born in a country town