• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random thoughts

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
How about an otter? It's a feisty one and it'll bonk your anxiety on the nose.
otters-playful-169788211.jpg

As for comfort food. I just made myself a hot chocolate with chili and ice cream (I also had whiskey in it, but I'm not sure that's a good mix for you)

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
...and I don't know if this is your kind of music, but I think the message of this song is pretty strong. It's about keeping it together and pulling through even when things are bad.

Nimue

Auror
Oh buddy, I'm sorry. Breathe and reach out to somebody. I hope you feel better soon.

I don't know if it helps, but I like to go to rainymood.com, which is just the sound of rain and thunder and suggests music to listen to alongside it, and turn it up until I can't hear anything else. Sending peaceful-as-a-sleepy-kitty vibes your way...

tumblr_p2o6eqUQJz1sn75h6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oe4lmagCqY1t4rq26o1_500.jpg
tumblr_p1xdgrSSso1vwvx0xo1_400.gif
tumblr_p1xdgrSSso1vwvx0xo2_400.gif

tumblr_ohz1k2KA6a1sn75h6o1_500.jpg

tumblr_p0m3ar2RoW1vnxm5yo1_540.jpg

Thanks guys.

I'll try the song, Svrt, theres not much music that's not my type ;)

Nimue, I tend to turn to a youtube video with rain sounds and native american flutes :) There's also a website that simulates cat purrs.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
A song on a similar theme, if you're into music, is this one. Admittedly, I've not picked up on all of the lyrics so maybe I shouldn't say too much, but there's a few lines that stand out.
I'm not afraid of what it feels like.
I'm not afraid of it at all.

Nimue

Auror
Those pictures came just from skimming my Tumblr queue, so uh...agreed. Cats are my favorite creatures on this benighted planet.

Dark Squiggle

Troubadour
Here is a picture of a kitty very much like the last one I had. He got pretty big before i had to let him go on my cousin's farm. I loved him, even though he did eat a lot of things he should not have. Catty was a foot long when I let him go and is probably much bigger now.

Attachments

• catfish3.jpg
    catfish3.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 8

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
These National Parks Could Be in Middle Earth
Dan Bell is a biologist with a knack for map-making.
Bell doesn’t draw just any old map, though. He likes to draw national park maps, and he pulls inspiration from J.R.R. Tolkien. Anyone who’s read The Lord of the Rings series or The Hobbit is familiar with Tolkien’s elaborate maps that help guide readers through his imaginary worlds. Imagine that but in the United Kingdom.