1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Random thoughts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SeverinR, May 14, 2013.

1. Devouring Wolf

Devouring Wolf Troubadour

Today I was disillusioned by about a great many things. Most importantly that I've been singing "Head over Heels" by Tears for Fears wrong all these years. Apparently, its "Something happens and I'm head over heels" not "Something happens and I'm better than you"

Reaver likes this.
  2. Reaver

Reaver Kwisatz Haderach Moderator

Don't feel too bad, Wolf. Up until I was 18, I used to think that one of the lines in "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor was "Took my dime, took my ten cents."

It's actually "Did my time, took my chances."

3. Russ

Russ Istar

You should try figuring out the meaning of lyrics in nordic pop like Ace of Base if you want to mess your head some time...

4. Chessie

Chessie Guest

I love Ace Of Base! They remind me of good times, like, when I spent several months living in Montreal at age 15 and listened to their album daily. :D

5. Reilith

Reilith Sage

I am wondering how to juggle my uni essay that needs to be done until tonight and my extensive need to finish chapter 1 of my story. Ahhh, choices.

Sent from my HTC Desire 820 using Tapatalk

6. Aspasia

Aspasia Sage

Finally got to the interesting part of this scene! Though it's stretching out waaaay more than intended.

7. 6 hours of mowing, 12 hours of being on my feet, several pounds of meat cooked by yours truly, and be nasty neck sunburn later I can declare this BBQ a success. Time to relax and read.

8. Incanus

Incanus Auror

Happy Walpurgis night!

May your bonfires be bright!

Reilith likes this.
  9. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Summer is a-comin' today!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2017
  10. Tom

Tom Istar

All of my literature stuff is due next Friday and I am going to die.

11. They did it! They finally did it! Kaloo kalay! Good things come to those who wait and I have waited...so long.

Geo likes this.
  12. Tom

Tom Istar

Happy Star Wars Day, everybody! May the 4th be with you! :)

Garren Jacobsen and Ireth like this.
  13. Chessie

Chessie Guest

Every word I write today is painful. It's one of those days. Only 2500 more words to go, too.

*groan*

It's so beautiful and sunny outside. I. just. want. to. be. outside. but. it's. butt. sucking. cold. still. why. Alaska? WHY?

14. Svrtnsse

Svrtnsse Staff Article Team

I have a big warm blanket and an insulating cushion to sit on when I go writing outside. Sure, I look like an old fart hipster all bundled up and with my laptop actually on my lap, but it keeps me warm and comfortable for a while at least.

Then again. Cork is probably a lot less cold than Alaska.

15. Chessie

Chessie Guest

That sounds like an amazingly cozy set up.

And yes...it's currently 50F/10C plus winds up here in our mountain valley. It'll be really warm within a few weeks and then I can sit ouside on the upper deck with my yoga mat and can of bear spray. :D

16. Svrtnsse

Svrtnsse Staff Article Team

It is. You should do it - some time.
    Don't forget the fingerless gloves. Fingerless gloves are awesome. I'm even using them indoors these days. Then again, I'm a bit fo a cheapskate and I don't have the heating on other than to be able to get a hot shower in the morning.

17. Chessie

Chessie Guest

It's been ages since I've seen the fingerless gloves. Those are pretty handy. :)

19. Because of a neighborhood party we have three Costco carts worth of stuff. 10 watermelons and 8 pineapples fill one cart.

20. Reilith

Reilith Sage

I really really want to strangle my boss and colleagues for being incompetent and stupid idiots - I have to clean up the mess, and if I don't - I take the whole blame. It's not like I have a life anyway. -.-