• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random thoughts

I'm not even American, but it's affected me as well. I'm clinging to this at the moment - and I'm throwing the quote about a lot as well:
713499be1235534856f5072a3daedd5d.jpg

I love this.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
I know that many people are emotional over the election. I appreciate that we keep any discussion here tame, and a little vague, in respect for our policy against politics. So far as politics is concerned, Mythic Scribes should be a place you come to visit because you don't want to think about what happened this week. So far the discussion is okay, but let's not spoil that.

Reaver

Staff
Because this topic is so polarizing, I believe that the forum rules apply and should be followed. If members want to discuss current political events, it should be done via PM or private chat.

Politics and Religion

Contemporary political discussion inevitably leads to mistrust and division. Asking questions about politics as it directly relates to writing is fine, as is discussing historical political developments for the purpose of research. But all contemporary politics, including hot-button issues, are unwelcome distractions that must be avoided.

Last edited:
C

Chessie

One of our cats has a sadistic desire to drive me batshit when I sweep the floors. She likes to run through the piles of dirt, frolicking throughout the house like a bunny rabbit. It might be cute if having to sweep over what I just did again wasn't so annoying...

C

Chessie

What beauties! Ages ago, I had a Russian Blue named Seafort. Unfortunately, he only lived a year due to a condition in his urethra common in male cats, which is why I've had only females since then. I do love Siameses, so have had more of those. Now we have a Siamese "Maya" and a Calico "Autumn The Slayer" because she's a ruthless killer.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Yay, kitties! :3

I have a shorthair tabby named Schnurrbart, which is German for "whiskers". Or possibly "mustache", I can't remember. I had originally named him Arian, which is "silver" in Welsh, but Mom took to calling him Schnurrbart and it stuck. Much to my chagrin. We also have a long-haired grey cat (unsure of the breed, but we think he might be a Maine Coon) named Fluffer ("Fluff" for short), because that's the kind of name a seven-year-old (i.e. my little sister) comes up with. XD

Yay, kitties! :3

I have a shorthair tabby named Schnurrbart, which is German for "whiskers". Or possibly "mustache", I can't remember. I had originally named him Arian, which is "silver" in Welsh, but Mom took to calling him Schnurrbart and it stuck. Much to my chagrin. We also have a long-haired grey cat (unsure of the breed, but we think he might be a Maine Coon) named Fluffer ("Fluff" for short), because that's the kind of name a seven-year-old (i.e. my little sister) comes up with. XD

I had a cat named Benny (but we called him Ben Ben.) Sadly he disappeared one day and we never saw him again... :,(

C

Chessie

We had one taken by a Great Horned last fall. That was traumatizing (she slipped out of a cracked window at night). Went out a week later and got the calico. Our cats still go outside but we're way more vigilant about the windows now.

We had one taken by a Great Horned last fall. That was traumatizing (she slipped out of a cracked window at night). Went out a week later and got the calico. Our cats still go outside but we're way more vigilant about the windows now.

Oh no! So sorry :(

I was scared myself because there's a dog in the neighborhood that's a cat killer (the owners let it run free). The neighbors all hate it, and have all called Animal Control on it many times, but Animal Control hasn't done anything.