• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Show Us Your Desks!

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
There was a post on this but it apparently happened so long ago even the site can't find it. So, without further ado, let's see those desks!

I work at a partner desk with my wife. I rule over the right side... and the entire center. My shenanigans with adding the second monitor means I need more desktop. Thank goodness Jenny's very patient.

20240207_131238.jpg

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I have a desk, but I dont write at it anymore. Now I just sit on my couch with a laptop and try to make it work.

Since the Son has moved out, I may be setting up an office again soon...but, I am not sure when on that.

My old space still kind of looks something like that, only many of the objects have changed. Hmmm...many years later, and I still hate the keyboard tray.

Right now it is covered in plumbing stuff from trying to fix the sink in the bathroom only a few steps away.

full

Truth is, the space above never worked for me, due to a hallway light, off to the left, that drives me nuts when people turn it on. I never figured out a good way to get rid of it, and still have it be functional for others.

Aldarion

Archmage
Much tidy, my preciouss...

1707346734741.jpg

That stack of magazines is surprisingly handy as an impromptu reading table, too. And I really love the feeling of being able to grab something to read no matter which way I turn.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team

This was the original thread. By the gods was my desk a mess back then. Keeping things tidy matters.

This was the original thread. By the gods was my desk a mess back then. Keeping things tidy matters.
So…we need an updated pic then.

I’m just laughing at Malik taking a flame thrower gif to pmmg’s desk 😂

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
So…we need an updated pic then.

I’m just laughing at Malik taking a flame thrower gif to pmmg’s desk 😂
Wouldn't be much of a point to it. It's almost the exact same setup nowadays, only with all of the clutter neatly stored elsewhere. The PC and monitor I have now are a lot better, but the glass and coffee mug I have next to me right now are oddly enough the same models placed in the same manner to my left. I am glad to say I no longer store my empty beers on my desk. I have discovered the bin.

Last edited:

pmmg

Myth Weaver

Started by Lisselle, who, if I recall, joined the site the same day I did. Where'd she go?

Last edited:
I actually thought they were yet to be consumed because they looked like they still had their crown tops on, so had you not said that I would’ve thought you perfectly capable of finding the bin 🙃

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
I actually thought they were yet to be consumed because they looked like they still had their crown tops on, so had you not said that I would’ve thought you perfectly capable of finding the bin 🙃
And drink lukewarm beer? Do you want me to drink it without foam as well, ya Brit?!

*Ahem* Beer is a delicate matter.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Screenshot-2024-02-09-110130.png

There, updated pic of my current workspace. Super high quality desk, cause I'm worth it ;)

Wrote two books from this spot.
Impressive. My condolences to your back, for whatever posture can be had in that setup can't be good for one's spine.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
To be honest, doing stuff on my phone causes me more back issues than the couch. But...it does get me sometimes.

Its okay...I have a chiropractor.

Yes, I pity your poor back. My choice at the moment would be on the hoof, on my phone notes app, or in bed on my laptop.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
There was a post on this but it apparently happened so long ago even the site can't find it. So, without further ado, let's see those desks!

I work at a partner desk with my wife. I rule over the right side... and the entire center. My shenanigans with adding the second monitor means I need more desktop. Thank goodness Jenny's very patient.

View attachment 3685
I do want to return to the first post for a moment. While I like the Queen Mab wall decoration, I can't imagine any future in which I would willingly share a desk with someone, even a significant other. Perhaps it's my overwhelming aversion to offices.