• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Show Us Your Desks!

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
I admit, I'm a weirdo. I've been writing with this neat, organized, genius for my entire adult life. And we'll have been together for 34 years in September. I don't know how you all do any of this solo. It blows my mind.

Also, Jenny let me take over a sizable portion of her side so I could get the second monitor in there. Pity her, if we are to pity anyone. We call my side the Tornado Strike Zone. I need my toys to think. But! we're getting me a pair of monitor risers with drawers, because eventually this will form its own constitution.

20240209_111820.jpg

For one minute pmmg I thought you meant the image of the woman on the left screen.

That to be fair Lowan that is organised chaos. It’s too much clutter for me, but I am one of those who like a virtually clear space to think. Unless it’s plants. Plants are welcome.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
For one minute pmmg I thought you meant the image of the woman on the left screen.

That to be fair Lowan that is organised chaos. It’s too much clutter for me, but I am one of those who like a virtually clear space to think. Unless it’s plants. Plants are welcome.
That is exactly what it is. That's a brain on autism. It's organized. Everything has a place. It's just that I'm the only one who knows how it works. For example, this is filed under 'H' for "toy."

Extra points if you can name the movie quote. ;)

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
DeskBan.jpg

Gave it some thought, and decided I do want to clear my public image a bit by showing my desk after all. Here's a cleaner image than the one I posted five years ago. Ever-twisting cables aside, it's somewhat orderly nowadays.

View attachment 3692

Gave it some thought, and decided I do want to clear my public image a bit by showing my desk after all. Here's a cleaner image than the one I posted five years ago. Ever-twisting cables aside, it's somewhat orderly nowadays.
Was this a rush job to clear all the crap away? 😉

I am just inspecting the bookshelf. Not interested in the desk.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Was this a rush job to clear all the crap away? 😉

I am just inspecting the bookshelf. Not interested in the desk.
Any books catching your eye? There are plenty of books hidden from view or stored elsewhere, but some gems are on display there.

‘Sapiens’ and some books about Norse and Folk Tales would pique my interest. I’d like to give Stephen Fry’s books a go I’ve heard they’re good. Im too daunted to read Dune.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
‘Sapiens’ and some books about Norse and Folk Tales would pique my interest. I’d like to give Stephen Fry’s books a go I’ve heard they’re good. Im too daunted to read Dune.
Mythos was a fun read, though a bit too jovial for my liking. Fry has a very conversational style which can be good, but also has a tendency to deprive the original stories of their depth.

The book on norse mythology is just gorgeous. Bit outdated on the writing front, but a great wintertime read.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
I read most of the Dune series when I was a kid. Don't be daunted... by anything between the pages, really, and especially if the author is working too hard to be edgy or deep. You're a writer. Tough stories are our bailiwick.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
And here I am, Queen of All Dorks, come to tell you that I just, like just, figured out that I can have my music on one monitor while I build worlds on the other one. I know, totally months behind. I think we should just celebrate that I arrived to the party at all. ;) 20240210_124813.jpg