• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Starting a Publishing House.

OK, so after talking with a friend I'm super excited about an Idea I've been playing with for a few years.

I've always felt that there are so many really great books that never get a chance.
I'd like to fix that, so... I've contacted a web guy and he is willing to put together the site necessary.
I know I need a few editors, one technical and one style. Also artists, formatters etc.
So if any of you would like to toss your hats into any of these rings let me know.
For the site I need content writers, that would be first. I'm contacting independent book stores to set up a distribution chain, and on Monday I'm contacting some lawyers for contracts etc.

Anyhow thoughts welcomed.
Thanks,
~BL~

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
best wishes as you pursue your venture BL. I'm happy to write some content for your website if you can let me know what sort of articles you would be interested in.

Hmmm...we have a couple of anthology projects going already...

...why not our own publishing house? Next logical step...

I just hate seeing so many great books that don't get a chance. Ya know?
I've managed to build up a decent amount of back and forth with various book store owners around the world, so, setting up a supply chain where one could have their books sold to people would be fairly easy for me. And keeping overhead low is not all that difficult either. Interns rock!
But, I'd need the good will of others to make it work to start off. Everything is super expensive, Editors, Artists, etc. Some of that I can work around, some I need people to be willing to put in the sweat equity until I can afford to pay what they are worth.
Any ideas?

Last edited:

KC Trae Becker

Troubadour
There are probably some writers who would also be willing to do editing and illustration work in trade for opportunities to have their work get out of the slush pile.