• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The Big Bang: Was the Universe created by Magic??

myrddin173

Maester
So I have two videos for all of you today. This one which actually has to do with the Universe and stuff and expansion and other stuff that makes my brain kind of hurt. :spin:

And this one which pops into my head whenever "Spanish Inquisition" and "Britain/England" show up sort of close to each other...

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hey Myrddin, fun videos!! =) Yeah thinking about all this stuff makes our brains kind of hurt, but it's fun- I have other two theories that I will describe in this thread, other day...

@Reaver: Thank you!!

Fnord

Troubadour
This is completely ignoring those holographic universe theories of course...

I haven't read it in a long time and this might be what you're referencing, but have you read the Michael Talbot book? There were a lot of interesting philosophical angles in his book that certainly makes for good fiction fodder.

JCFarnham

Auror
I saw it on a Horizon program I think.. but I don't remember any specifics of it. It was however a very persuasive theory I seem to remember :)

I'll take a look into Michael Talbot!

EDIT: Ah yes! He's exactly the bloke I was on about.

Fnord

Troubadour
I saw it on a Horizon program I think.. but I don't remember any specifics of it. It was however a very persuasive theory I seem to remember :)

I'll take a look into Michael Talbot!

EDIT: Ah yes! He's exactly the bloke I was on about.

Ahh, not familiar with the program, but if his ideas intrigued you, you should definitely pick up the book The Holographic Universe.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
If magic is supernatural in nature, then no matter how the universe formed won't it have been non-magical by definition?