• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

This or that?

GeekDavid

Auror
If I go for dead-tree, paperback. But no trees are used to make e-books. Not to mention, if I fall asleep reading the reader remembers where I was.

New books only, or do you also haunt used book stores?

Addison

Auror
Both, but I prefer used book stores-they're cooler. ;) Especially Powell's Used Bookstore. If you've never been, put it on your book store. Never heard of it, you're no book lover.

Horror or Thriller?

GeekDavid

Auror
Never been to Powell's, but I have been to Elliot Bay Book Company in Seattle, they handle both used and new if memory serves.

Neither horror nor thriller, sorry. Neither really appeals to me.

Perry Mason or Matlock?

Addison

Auror
For Thanksgiving, definitely Sweet Potatoes with marshmallows on top. (But for any meal I'd say regular baked potato)

Cherry Pie or Pecan Pie (alongside the pumpkin pie of course.)

Kn'Trac

Minstrel
Cooler Elfin badass:

Drizzt Do'Urden or Legolas Greenleaf?

Definately Drizzt Do'Urden. His background story gives you a more believable personality and character than an elf snowboarding off an Elephaunt's trunk and striking any target his eye falls on.

Legolas, because he's well, Orlando Bloom, and the other's not in a film yet.

Personally, I'd rather have 7 thick novels that really describe a character than being a shallow supporting character in a few movies, even though the character is portrayed by Orlando Bloom.

GeekDavid

Auror
Feist. While I've liked Salvatore's D&D books, his non-D&D books really haven't excited me that much.

Books set in a large, familiar, shared setting (D&D, Star Trek, Star Wars) or books that create their own, new setting?

Sparkie

Auror
New settings. Anyone who's read my comments on fanfic in these here threads will know why I say that.

Ginger or Mary Ann?