• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Time to Write!

Zephon

Scribe
Hello everyone!

I've just began a more "serious" effort at writing fantasy again and thought joining a solid online community would help keep me motivated and inspired. I've been reading fantasy since I was 13, starting with HP actually(though I didn't finish the series), and have been reading and writing since. Due to the way of life, I stopped writing for about five years, but have since started again.

I'm happy to be here, and extremely excited that I'm actually writing again!

Rikilamaro

Inkling
I'm sorry I stopped reading at "..didn't finish the series..." Why ever not?

I'm excited for you to be writing again. The more the merrier!

Welcome to the Scribes, and let us know how we can help.

Justme

Banned
I too had stopped, but far longer han 5 years. It's a struggle getting back into it, but you are at the right place. Welcome to ideas central for The Sci-fi/Fantasy Nerd nation. LOL

Last edited:

Zephon

Scribe
I'm sorry I stopped reading at "..didn't finish the series..." Why ever not?

I'm excited for you to be writing again. The more the merrier!

Welcome to the Scribes, and let us know how we can help.

Lol, I know. Honestly the reason I stopped reading is because I was getting too involved in other bad decisions that teenagers often make, especially me:). Once I started reading again the movies started coming out and I think I saw goblet of fire when I was half way through the book. I don't why, but once a movie comes out, and I watch it---I have no desire to read the book/s.

The one glaring exception, GRRM's, Game of Thrones. In fact the show itself was instrumental in getting me to write fantasy again. I've also just started reading the book, which the show does not ruin for me in any sense. Not sure why that it is.

Chilari

Staff
Welcome to the Scriptorium. Glad to hear you're bakc into writing.

I've not see Game of Thrones yet. Waiting on the local library's copy of the book being available so I can read it before seeing it. Anyway here in the UK it's only available on Sky which I don't have, so my boss is lending me her season 1 DVD.