What Are You Playing Now?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Philip Overby, Jul 24, 2014.

1. TheKillerBs

TheKillerBs Grandmaster

Er, it does if you wait for the Umayyads to become Hispania, though it might be difficult since the AI doesn't seem to form titular kingdoms to cheese the requirements. You'll be a vassal king of the Empire of Hispania. I think to pay fealty to the Carolingians these days you have to border them (in which case you probably don't need to pay fealty to them, since that means you've managed to take Navarra and take the fight to the Umayyads or the Carolingians have formed Francia or the HRE and they have the Umayyads against the ropes) so you're much better served allying with them instead.

ETA: Converting to Sunni won't put you out of harm's way. The Muslims get plenty of CBs against other Muslims, though it will make you less of an inviting target when the Umayyads need to win holy wars to avoid a decadence revolt.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 8:44 PM
  2. Gurkhal

Gurkhal Shadow Lord

I'm more worried about religious revocation of titles by the Umayyad ruler than anything if I should swear fealty. But like I said, in my games the Carolingians usually fracture themselves to hell and over the top of the world, so its me and the Celts in Brittany who goes to fight the Umayyads.

True that converting to Sunni won't be a failsafe but I figured it would put me out of way for waves of holy wars by various emirs. And the wars to lower decadence, as you mentioned.

3. TheKillerBs

TheKillerBs Grandmaster

Become powerful enough and the emperor will be bending over backwards to keep you happy and out of factions even if you're an infidel. At least it works for me as the Zoroastrian Duke of Tabriz in the 769 start. If you have Monks and Mystics (I think it's that one, anyway) you can falsely convert to Sunni and create a secret Catholic society and turn the Umayyads into Christians from within.

4. Gurkhal

Gurkhal Shadow Lord

As part of my attempt to get into the 19th century mentality I will now make an attempt to finally finish Ultimate General: Civil War.This is probably the best American Civil War game that I've played a really nice experience. Not flawless, but really good.