1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

What Are You Playing Now?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Philip Overby, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Sheilawisz

Sheilawisz Queen of Titania Moderator

I love all of Westminster! It's not only the wealthiest and prettiest area of Syndicate's London, but also it features the greatest historical importance and I can climb Victoria Tower and the freaking Big Ben. That little park below Big Ben is one of my favorite areas in particular, and sunsets are often totally wonderful there.

Visiting the cloister of Westminster Abbey is one of my favorite side activities as well, and the parks! I love Saint James Park and Green Park too, they are super beautiful especially at daybreak.

I just complete the missions as fast as possible, often by sheer brutal force alone even when it's not necessary, and collect the rewards. I really don't give a damn about the main story, since in my imagination Evie and Jacob are just a pair of bloodthirsty maniacs that want to take over London for their own personal criminal activities and gains.

My greatest enjoyment in Syndicate comes from free exploration and the constant murdering of Blighters, Police officers, the Grays (I am not exactly sure of what they are!) innocent civilians and the Queen's Guards alike, all have to suffer Evie's wrath! I love throwing dynamite around, and I also kidnap enemies in order to drown them at Saint James Lake.

Sometimes, even Rooks fall as fatal victims of Evie's constant atrocities.

Oh, and carriage madness... This is the best game ever!

A tough call indeed! According to real world sources, the very top of Saint Paul Cathedral hits 111 meters above the streets, while the top of Victoria Tower's spire scores a bit over 120 meters tall. This would mean that Victoria Tower is the highest point of Syndicate's London, but there are terrain factors involved too so in the end I do not know exactly.

I'll have to check with Google Earth altitude measurements.

One thing is certain: Visiting the higher parts of Victoria Tower gives me some vertigo for real, and if a Leap of Faith was possible from the very top it would be a hell of a jump!

AC Syndicate is really a great game.

Reaver likes this.
  2. Sheilawisz

Sheilawisz Queen of Titania Moderator

This is Evie Frye Pure Evil Chapter 2!

My favourite chapter of the series so far, but Chapter 1 is great too and perhaps the best way to start watching my AC Syndicate videos. You can find a lot of other Gameplay videos of mine, in my channel.

Subscribe to my channel, and I'll subscribe to yours! XD

Reaver likes this.
  3. Zander Willmore

Zander Willmore Dreamer

I am going old school on a couple of games. Final Fantasy 3 on Snes and Baldur's gate on the pc. I found an updated version that will work on windows 10. I am loving this game. I dont have a dnd group anymore so playing on the pc is the next best thing.

Sheilawisz likes this.
  4. Orc Knight

Orc Knight Archmage

I've been playing The Outer World's quite a bit lately, just enjoying the insanity of the game.

Sheilawisz and skip.knox like this.
  5. Yora

Yora Inkling

I played Hellgate this week. That was a really well done little experience. Gave me piles of additional ideas to flesh out the supernatural elements in my worldbuilding.

Sheilawisz likes this.
  6. skip.knox

skip.knox toujours gai, archie Moderator

Outer Worlds here, too. Great Fallout vibe without being too much like that game. Nice break from Borderlands3. Have given up on Red Dead. It just didn't engage me somehow, for all that I can see it's a good game.

Sheilawisz likes this.
  7. skip.knox

skip.knox toujours gai, archie Moderator

Postscript on Outer Worlds, I'm loving all the sly references within the game. I've spotted nods to Borderlands and to at least two SF authors. One expedition is called "The City and the Stars" and there's even someone named Clarke associated with it. There's another called "The Low Crusade" - an obvious callout to Poul Anderson's "The High Crusade"

And many more.

CelestialGrace likes this.
  8. CelestialGrace

CelestialGrace Minstrel

After a few months of not being able to play Terraria I'll have my PC back and will hopeully be able to pick up from where I left off. One the days when my head is noisy, focusing on my building projects helps a lot.

Sheilawisz likes this.