• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What do you listen to?

Addison

Auror
I just saw Zootopia, courtesy of my sister's sleepover birthday party. (Whoever had the idea of combining the two events should be mentally tested. :mad: ) But one song popped up twice. It was so inspiring I listen to it at least once a day.

Last edited by a moderator:

adalenia

Dreamer
I'll be sure to check out the rest of their discography.

And now, for my contribution to this thread:

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
This should tickle the inspirational glands of some of you people:

Praise to the gods and devils of metal!

For the last year I've been big on metal, and power metal specifically.

Xandria, Visions of Atlantis, Arven, Avantasia, Myrath, Gloryhammer, Nightwish, Kamelot, Blind Guardian, Sabaton, Demons and Wizards, Dio, Pythia, Black Sabbath, Brendon Small, Therion, and Leaves Eyes have dominated my playlist this summer. However, I like damn near everything, and what I pick shifts with my mood and what I'm writing.

Electric Six is my top pick if I'm writing something tongue-in-cheek (My favorite of theirs: After Hours). Some of my other picks include The Protomen, Project 86 (their work up to Songs to Burn Your Bridges by; I haven't kept up with them since then), The Birthday Massacre, Simon and Garfunkel, The Decemberists, The Mountain Goats, Pink Floyd, Elysion, Snow Patrol, God is an Astronaut, The White Stripes, Sunset Rubdown, and Evil Cowards.

Magic vs. Midas by Sunset Rubdown is my go to when writing romantic scenes, especially at the beginning of my characters' relationships.

I love Superstition for its atmosphere; really, I'll loop anything by Birthday Massacre when entering a trance-like state is good for what I'm writing.

I'm writing a character tentatively called The Primal Mother around Avantasia's Lucifer.

Kamelot's Elizabeth I, II, and III has been looping in my mind the past several weeks, one because it's bloody good, and two because it's the inspiration for the latter part of one of my character's arcs:

"What if there's a God a hell and heaven? Fire is the torment I must face! Dying by the souls I have forsaken; no one's going to catch my fall from grace!" Gives me chills every time.

Addison

Auror
Tied for first place in my music is: Lindsey Stirling, Piano Guys and Peter Crowley. Here's one of my favorite songs by Crowley.

C

Chessie

Probably not the best writing music, but been stuck on Daddy Yankee's reggaeton this morning. Can't...stop...dancing...in...my...chair! But the words are coming lol.