• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What do you listen to?

Gryphos

Auror

It's been five days and I still can't get this damn song out of my head. No end in sight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Today, a take on an old Irish folk song by one of my favorite bands of the 90s:

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Because I'm feeling a bit sappy, and because the clouds and the sunset on the way home were very beautiful and... did I mention I'm feeling a bit sappy?

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
While looking for a track to add at the end of my latest blog post (it's what I do), I came across this old favorite in a live version. It's a rather odd collaboration of people.

Discovered this today. Wasn't a fan of the original (even though I love lots of Eurhythmics' stuff), but this gives me chills.

I'm embarrassed to say that I never put 2 and 2 together. Had no idea that Annie Lennox was in Eurythmics. Of course, now I realize why her voice sounded SOOOO familiar to me. In fact, now I feel quite stupid that I didn't put it together on my own.

My list today was eclectic as per usual. I listened to Fleetwood Mac, Blondie, The Police, Elvis, Nirvana, VulgarGrad and Sejo Boy (which I think are respectively Russian and Serbian).

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Stuck doing day job stuff, and currently listening to music from a time that I didn't have a day job. Happy days…

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
I just got introduced to Low Leaf by one of my colleagues at work. This is a recording of a live session with harp and electronics, and it's really getting me in the mood this Monday morning.

Nagash

Sage
Have been digging out the good ol' stuff these days.

I know metal is not for everybody, but if you enjoy finnish folk meshed with harsh vocals and screaming guitars, ensiferum is for you !

This is the stuff of dreams...

On the way to the ancient castle of time
he will soon be damned by rage
so that his pride could betray him
when it's time to set him free
The tears in his mind had to be pushed aside
as he walked through the gates
He will never die
'cause he is truly a Hero in a Dream

Nagash

Sage
On an other note, with complete folk this time, I present to you Wardruna, whose hauntingly beautiful norse chants will never fade from your memory.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
A message from TMBG to all you hovering sombreros out there…

TMBG said:
Hey hovering sombrero
Gently waving in the air above the meadow
Softly floating in the sky outside the window
Hovering sombrero don't be shy

Don't... Don't be shy
Don't be... Terrified
When you take yourself for granted
Feel rejected and unwanted
Know you're never just a hat
You're never only just a hat, you know
Hovering sombrero
Hovering sombrero

Time is flying like an arrow
And the clock hands go so fast they make the wind blow
And it makes the pages of the calender go flying out the window one by one
Til a hundred years are on the front lawn
And the old familiar things are mostly all gone
But the old sombrero just keeps hovering on
Hovering sombrero hover on

Don't be burdened by regrets
Or make your failures an obsession
Or become embittered or possessed
By ruined hopes remember

When you take yourself for granted
Feel rejected and unwanted
Know you're never just a hat
You're never only just a hat, you know
Hovering sombrero
Hovering sombrero

MapHatter

Dreamer
Does anybody else listen to classical music? I'm your typical lower middle/upper lower class guy. I don't know if Classical lends me airs and graces or mere delusions of importance, but I find it an incredibly soothing and motivational range of music. Mozart and Chopin, especially. I'll also listen to epic trailer music, too, and the Age of Conan soundtrack, so yeah... I don't know what that says about me. Only good things, I'm sure.

Does anybody else listen to classical music? I'm your typical lower middle/upper lower class guy. I don't know if Classical lends me airs and graces or mere delusions of importance, but I find it an incredibly soothing and motivational range of music. Mozart and Chopin, especially. I'll also listen to epic trailer music, too, and the Age of Conan soundtrack, so yeah... I don't know what that says about me. Only good things, I'm sure.

I enjoy classical music, as well as classical guitar and Flamenco.

Nagash

Sage

RIP Sir Christopher Lee, gone a few hours from now, leaving nothing behind but good memories of his long and most full life.