• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Where are you from?

Giant

Minstrel
Sounds better than Detroit.... Horrid spots teams with the exception of this last year, and the weather Blah. Add high crime and it's a perfect pot-o-poo!

Detroit and Cleveland are so similar. I know exactly what you are going through up there. Here in Cleveland we are in the same situation.

Reaver

Staff
Cleveland, Ohio

Home of the worst sports teams ever, totally unpredictable weather, but other then that a pretty good place to live.

Worst sports team ever? No way. I like Cleveland. They beat the Seattle Seahawks didn't they? That's the worst team ever.

Detroit and Cleveland are so similar. I know exactly what you are going through up there. Here in Cleveland we are in the same situation.

Don't feel bad for me man, I got out as soon as I was old enough to sign a lease.
The only reason I go to MI anymore is to see family down in Jackson and Hillsdale.
The state is a wasteland. There is nothing there anymore, between the auto industy pulling out and moving to Mexico and China, and the over population of crackheads that breed unchecked like bunnies it's ruined. Once my family members pass on I will prolly never step foot there again.
I feel for ya.
DC is a nice place however, I like it here. :D

fleamailman

Closed Account
("...well I popped in from reality, but as you can see I have escaped it awhile..." mentioned the goblin knowing that geneva in itself, and in its cover of white today, was never really going to offer him an adventure, did it matter though, time was running out for all anyway, whereupon the goblin explained by voicing "...for the liver of the moneygod has been divined and the omens are not good humans, do not expect ourdearmedia to ever tell you what you are actually seeing for yourselves, expect her to keep telling you instead of some slow economic recovery on the one hand, and that these are only individual unrelated natural disasters, but what do you actually see both for the man on the street and that overall weather pattern today, for are these not end of empire days between us now, where the credit is fast running out, yes, but where even worse than that credit crunch, the landlocked ice is fast melting and draining off the light tectonic plates onto the increasingly heavy oceanic plates with yet more earthquake resulting, the precursor of volcanoes to follow, and you do know what happens to the world's weather when even one volcano erupts, and how now the world's volcanos all seem to be awaking from their slumbers...", so in answer to that question then, perhaps the goblin felt that he had come from better times even)

Last edited:
I was born in Canada, grew up in Michigan, then lived in Manhattan for 4 years, then Alaska for two, Seattle for one, and now Santa Cruz!

Giant, I am truly sorry. If there's one thing you can rely on in sports, it is that God hates Cleveland. ;)

As my profile states, I'm from just north of Atlanta, Georgia. I live in Alpharetta, which could be best described as super-suburban. Pretty boring for the most part. Our sports teams may be even more tragic as they succeed just enough in the regular season to build up hope, only to lose in the first round of the playoffs and settle for a late draft pick with no chance of getting a superstar. Yep, I'm a little bitter.

Klee Shay

Troubadour
East-Central Wisconsin, in a city famous for overalls (which are no longer made here, btw), the EAA convention and Country USA.

Reaver

Staff
San Antonio, TX, it's ok feel free to show your envy

Ah, San Antone...I have fond memories of San Antonio. I went to Stinger Missile School at Lackland AFB back in the early 90's.
Met a super hot Air Force Chick there. She took me to a lot of great bars. Then to her place.
I think we went to Sea World, too. I forget...we were drunk pretty much the whole time. It was a blast.

Muqtada

Scribe
West-central Wisconsin... home of nothing significant. I think someone became marginally famous once. Just once.