• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Who Are Your Favourite Anti-Heroes/Heroines?

Raistlin Majere.... one of my favorite characters. Artemis Entreri is another good one. Jorg Ancrath.... one of the best antiheros. Nagash from warhammer is another.

I'm glad you mentioned Raistlin Majere. It's been so long, I'd forgotten about him. He was a favorite of mine at the time.

Thats what I mean though. That's why I consider him to be a real 'character' not just a figment. .

You could always consider him an accomplice of Tyler's (before he realizes what Tyler is). So in that way he's sharing some of the credit for the things that are going on. He's trying to shrug off the yuppie life by embracing violence and other types of destructive behavior, and he thinks he's setting an example that will help free other men of the same condition he was in at the beginning of the story. In that way he's an anti-hero.

Heliotrope

Staff
Article Team
Exactly. They both are. Even without Tyler he has some questionable morals (pretending he has cancer so he can get sympathy and emotional support from true victims).

The story itself doesn't have a hero I think. The hero is the cop. Norton is completely absent of heroism. He's a trickster.

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

Heliotrope

Staff
Article Team
I'm not sure I agree. The narrator is a sort of hero at the end… He tries to stop the bombings and he does destroy Tyler… so in those ways he is the hero. However, I don't see him settling down with Marla in suburbia and turning around into a traditional 'good guy'. I think he will always have an edge to him that relishes anarchy. It this way I think that the character as a whole, both the Tyler side and the Narrator side are anti-heroes.

Oh man you're right. It's been quite a stretch since the last time i saw it. I only pictured the explosions at the end. Yeah that's the essence of it.

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk