• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Your Favorite Villain

Nagash

Sage
The Phantom in Phantom of the Opera, Christine sucks :rolleyes:

Anime wise, it would be Griffith from Berserk, you would never guess he'd become the villain...but that just shows that the bad guy can be the least person you'd ever expect, and that ambition can rot just about anyone's soul.

tumblr_m1oz8h3ptO1r9xqnno1_500.jpg

Both great villains. The character of Griffith is stunning, even superb in the horror he casted as the egg of the king awoke. The phantom of the opera would definitely be in my top 5... Such beauty in desperate love. ("sing one again with me...")

Beisdes, my n°1 villain, would definitely be... Arthas Menethil (Warcraft, World of Warcraft)

imgres

The son of King Terenas, and a promising paladin, Arthas Menethil was meant to be a great and wise king of Lordaeron, for he loved his people, and had a kind heart. When some scourge threat awoke in Lordaeron, he stood with few others to investigate and put an end to this problem. He witnessed however, how the growing evil was mighty, and assisted powerless to the corruption of many of his citizens he had to slay himself, despite the tears, despite the cries... His heart grew dark with anger as he faced the one who had thrown Stratholme in the abyss, and he swore he would hunt him to the ends of the world.

Thus, Arthas went to Northrend with his army, intending to hunt down Mal'Ganis. Eventually, he succeeded, but the spirit of the lich king Ner'Zhul had been eating away his sanity, and when he came back to his kingdom, the Arthas everyone and known and loved, was long gone. Driven by the spirit of the lich, he slew his own father, the King, and slaughtered his people, devouring their souls, and raising them again in undead. He brought darkness to the world, as his scourge grew stronger. Having brought darkness to the world, he went back to Northrend, where he became one with the lich king, forsakening every remaining bits of his humanity.

After years of tyranny through fear, through pain and tears, he was finally brought down, all the spirits he had stole unleashed. In his final hour, he saw the spirit of his long gone father, clutching him into his arms, as he sobbed facing death.

"No king can rule forever my son..."

"He can only see darkness... before me."

Tragic, heartbreaking...

Fantastic.

imgres

Last edited:

TWErvin2

Auror
Lord Foul (the Despiser), also known as the Gray Slayer, Corruption, Fang Thane, and Satan's Heart Soul Crusher, from Stephen R. Donaldson's Thomas Covenant novels.

Why? He was powerful, cruel, manipulating and quite sinister, and a worthy/dreaded foe for the defenders of the Land.