• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random thoughts

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Given the multitudes of Orcs that get slain in the course of an adventure, I would think their rations would show up more in the rations of others.

Reactions: Ban

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
Given the multitudes of Orcs that get slain in the course of an adventure, I would think their rations would show up more in the rations of others.

Would you really trust the food standards of an orc camp though? I prefer my meat without maggots.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
I would also be pretty leery of where that meat came from.... "unknown origin" means a corpse.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
See, this is exactly the type of systematic bias that keeps Orcs living in the wilds and on the outskirts of civilization, and never enjoying the benefits. Its no wonder they are always so angry and wanting to kill everyone.

Last edited:
Rations for various RPG Races (From wats6831 on /r/RPG)

For anyone around here who is as invested in food as me, the threat that I linked to shows pictures of what someone imagines trail rations to be like for various fantasy races. It's pretty great, here's one example for gnomes:
q0kvxn7.jpg

I'm glad to see they threw in a few coins for the gnomes to gnaw on. :)

Most meat with a glaze or a bar-b-q. Though I suppose, if the maggots are thick enough for the fry pan, waste not. Throw around some peppers, spices and onions and maybe a fresh bit of bread or biscuits and it's a right good meal.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
We'd better get used to eating Maggots, insect and the like... They are the foods of the future! and Algae...

Not sure if I am quite at the "Yay maggots!" level yet, but I don't mind some fried mantis every now and then. Tastes like popcorn!

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Not sure if I am quite at the "Yay maggots!" level yet, but I don't mind some fried mantis every now and then. Tastes like popcorn!

As disgusting as it sounds, I bet maggots can be cooked to have a delightful pop when you bite into them.

Tom

Istar
I might have to brush up on some unusual cooking skills myself, if the storm this weekend is as bad as it's supposed to be. Yay, maggots!

Tom

Istar
You know, I should have realized before I started it that making an 11x14" colored pencil piece in one day is a bad idea. It took 8 solid hours and now my arm is burning like hellfire. I also need new pencils, since I haven't replaced them since my advanced drawing class last spring. My background color was shaved down to a stub by the end.

Well, they say hindsight is 20/20....