• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Nice to meet you!

Heya! I forgot to introduce myself. How rude!

I'm a 33 year old wife, mom, massage therapist, and writer living in Louisville, KY. My work tends more towards horror or dark fantasy, but I also like more traditional fantasy, steampunk, sci-fi, and can even be caught reading romance and true crime now and then.
I have some cowritten work on hold while my good friend gets some grad work in order, though I'm busy with a book project of my own in the meantime. I am not published (yet), but I do have some short stories out there trying to get themselves in print.

Books/authors/movies/television that have caught my attenion;
Robin Hobb's farseer books, Anne Rice's first three vampire books, Laurell K. Hamilton, Stephen King, The Last Unicorn (book and movie), Labyrinth, Pan's Labyrinth, Legend, The Dark Crystal, Serenity, Firefly, Dollhouse, Damnable, Marion Zimmer Bradley, Charles deLint, Silent Hill, Lord of the Rings movies... there are tons more, but there's a start.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Welcome to Mythic Scribes, Vita!

Do I sense a Joss Whedon fan? Have you seen Dr. Horrible's Singalong Blog?

Oh yes, I must admit geekiness and Joss-love. You can catch my whole family at Dr. Horrible singalongs at conventions here and there as well as the Buffy singalong.

Parqstu

Minstrel
Nice to meet you too Vita. I like the Silent Hill movie too :). I don't think i could play the game though. Dead Space is as far as i go :p.

Last edited:
I am terrible with controllers, honestly. I haven't been able to handle them well since the original Nintendo controller. *ahem* We won't mention how long ago that was. But, if we had the right console I would be very, very tempted to play some Silent Hill. The only time I got to try it at a friend's house, it actually made me all jumpy that night walking up to the house in the dark. I was thrilled.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
I recall hearing somewhere about a Dr. Horrible sequel. Have you heard anything?

Also, did you know that the music was written by Joss's brother Jared, who is also in the film?

Oh? I haven't heard of a possible sequel yet. Interesting.
And yeah, I did know about Joss' brother's rather nifty musical talent. My hubby loves pointing out where Jared shows up, and I think that is so neat. It must be fascinating to work on a project like that with family. Well, fascinating or awful, depending. Co-writing has been one of the most difficult things I've ever done, so I have to be curious about how they work together, and what they do to keep things going well while they are working with others, much less family!

Behelit

Troubadour
Nice to meet you too, Vita, and welcome to Mythic Scribes!

Horror and Dark Fantasy, you say? Where's the Love- for the -craft? :D

Nice to meet you too, Vita, and welcome to Mythic Scribes!

Horror and Dark Fantasy, you say? Where's the Love- for the -craft? :D

That little pun was so delightfully painful I nearly digressed into archaic babbling in dead languages. ; ) Nice to meet you.

Legerdemain

Troubadour
Welcome! Hope this finds you well, and I approve of your list. Though my tendency is to tell people what to read, the best thing I can do it complement what people read that I approve of, so I like your inclusion of Pan's Labyrinth! :)

Hi Vita! Welcome to the site. I am also a fellow LMT (in Montgomery, AL). I love your choice of moives/books. I've only read a few of the Anita Blake books - but I really liked them.

Also - Dr. Horrible.....effin' awesome! I find myself singing Bad Horse at work (both renditions) at work. I'm also a Joss Wedon fan.

Welcome Vita! Bad horse is quite possibly the best song I've ever heard, lol. Too bad no one else at work understands it. *sigh* They all think we're crazy.