• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Another Fantasy Lover

musycpyrate

Scribe
Hello all.

I am new to this forum and writing as well. I hope to gain some insight on writing novels and would love to offer up my limited advice. I am currently writing a modern fantasy novel in which I am having the hardest time keeping motivated. (NaNoWriMo has beaten me again!)

I have big plans to write a high fantasy series. I am obsessed with The Lord of the Rings and A Song of Ice and Fire series. Also, grew up with a variety of Dragonlance novels. I read all the time and I enjoy realism in my fantasy.

I hike and climb the Adirondacks regularly. I bow hunt with a Recurve and I'm an avid dog lover.

I am glad to join this forum and hope to meet everyone.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Very welcome to Mythic Scribes.
Questions and advice are both very welcome. Don't hesitate to answer something you see asked. I've found that there are few universal truths and that much is a matter of taste, tradition and (bad) habit. So have a think and answer the way you feel is right, no matter what you say someone is bound to disagree anyway. It's not about right or wrong, it's about seeing all sides of the coin - especially if it has more than two sides.

Enjoy your stay and I hope you'll have a good time. :)

GeekDavid

Auror
Hey, good, we could use a hunter here. We never know what goes into the stew around here. We do know one thing, if there's scales floating in it, it's best to avoid it.

Quillstine

Troubadour
Hey, good, we could use a hunter here. We never know what goes into the stew around here. We do know one thing, if there's scales floating in it, it's best to avoid it.

Don't scare him away too quickly...that bow, and his skill will surely come in handy around here!

Welcome to Mythic Scribes, pull up a pew, grab some larger and join in on the next folk song...

musycpyrate

Scribe
Oh, I am also a locksmith. If there are any lock picking/safe cracking questions for the rogue types out there, I can help.