• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Another Greeting from Another Author:

tecdavid

Acolyte
Hello, everyone!
I've been an avid fan of all things fantasy throughout most of my life, yet I've never really been one to browse the dwellings of others. Recently, I've sought to change that.
Fantasy and Sci-fi - The former, a whimsical yet oh-so-eternal reminder that reality could've much more fun, had it only tried. The latter, an equally ever-present reminder that it'd better bloody try in future! What's not to love, I ask you, about drifting off into some merry (or not so merry) world where all we've come to learn about life is but a lump of wet clay, artistically moulded into something far more joyous, ostentatious, or downright frightful? "Bonny ol' Scotland" is one country veiled, seemingly always, in a quilt of clouds, a heavy grey. And so, for me, the existence of fantasy is much like a drug against dullness.
Hence why I'm more than just a patron of fantasy's intriguing worlds; I'm a wannabe author (one of dozens coursing the site, I'm sure), who has recently finished their first full work - The Eightfold Covert. A story for young adult audiences.

So, how do you do? :)

Sparkie

Auror
Glad you've come to see our dwellings. This is the entry way, and through here is the family room... Sorry, got carried away a bit.
But you've come to a good place to mingle with other fantasy writers. Hope you enjoy it!

Glad you've come to see our dwellings. This is the entry way, and through here is the family room... Sorry, got carried away a bit.
But you've come to a good place to mingle with other fantasy writers. Hope you enjoy it!

Stay out of the basement, that's where we keep the dragons. Made that mistake, just wish my eyebrows would grow back...

tecdavid

Acolyte
Leave Smokey alone. Noted.

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone. And yes, I should've realised right away that this board would have no shortage of writers, professional, aspiring, or hobbyist. :p