• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Cover Art. Your thoughts on this?

Thanks to all for their replies over these last few months.

Really helpful!

We have finalized a cover with art that is very close to what was posted here... But, the cheese has left the building hopefuly.

This was just a mock up to get reactions to the concept. I think what the final draft became is really very good. Once the book is done I will send the cover along with the story to the betta's and see what they think before I go shouting "Presto!" ;)

Thanks again,

~BL~

Keep in mind that cover's don't have to be set in stone. In today's age of digital books (ebooks and print on demand) there is no reason NOT to change a cover if you are getting bad feedback from it.

Keep in mind that cover's don't have to be set in stone. In today's age of digital books (ebooks and print on demand) there is no reason NOT to change a cover if you are getting bad feedback from it.

I definitely agree. Another great thing about digital books is that a minor typo can be corrected overnight. You don't have to wait for a printing, then a proof, then another printing.

So here is the newer version of the cover. This is not the finished product... just a mock up but I kinda like it. What do you think?

Skyeyes.jpg

Johnny Cosmo

Inkling
You should probably work with the correct proportions from scratch because it will help you visualise the end result better. Also, it's very blurry, so you could probably do with using higher resolution images.